Didn’t you wish you had a friend on the first day of class at your university? Do you believe an international study experience makes people better? Do you wish you had known more about your university from students who studied there before you applied? Are you ready to get involved and inspire others like you? Then you’re just the hero we’re looking for – our newest international student ambassador, part of the League of Students!
StudyPortals, the international student platform, wants to help students get the best information about their options and find their right study choice even beyond the study choice platforms! That is how the League of Students was created – an alliance of daring international students who understand the value of studying abroad and of assisting others in taking the first steps towards this life changing decision. Meet our current ambassadors.
We’re looking for volunteer students attending an international university to spread the word about StudyPortals, promote higher education abroad, share their experience with future students, welcome new students to your university and much more! If you’re ready to make friends from all over the world, engage in fun activities while also developing your skills, why not join the League of Students - the great online community of international students - and create experiences you’ll remember forever!
The best ambassadors will also join an awesome StudyPortals’ event and will get a chance for an internship and job opportunity at StudyPortals.
Why should I join the League of Students?
- Make friends from all over the world
- Be part of an engaging online community of international students that help each other
- Develop your communication skills
- Learn how to make videos for our YouTube channel and write creative articles
- Get extra experience that stands out on your CV
- Receive a certificate and letter of recommendation from StudyPortals
- A chance to join a great StudyPortals event
- A chance for an internship and job opportunity at StudyPortals
How the League of Students works
By volunteering to join the League of Students you become our representative at your university. For every activity you do as part of the League of Students you will be awarded a certain amount of points. Gather enough and you will receive Laurel wreaths, attesting your great achievements as our ambassador.
- Add the Grey Laurel to your collection: 300 point
- Add the Blue Laurel to your collection: 1000 points
- Add the Orange Laurel to your collection: 2000+ points
Getting the Orange Laurel means you are one of the best StudyPortals student ambassadors, and that you will be invited to the next event. In 2017, we are planning a one-week Road Trip in Europe!
How do I get student ambassador points?
There’s plenty you can do to inspire other students:
- Gather experiences from students about your university/city: 50 points
- Help students through Skype: 50 points
- Write an article about a relevant topic: 100 points
- Welcome a student with a cool city or campus tour: 150 points
- Vlog about your study abroad life: 200 points
- Promote studying abroad & StudyPortals through social media
What’s the European road trip all about?
To get the awesome reward of a trip to Europe you’ll have to collect 2000+ points by 30 April 2017. Don’t worry! You don’t lose the points if you don’t manage to gather enough by April. You can participate in the next event after you gather enough points.
The first StudyPortals European trip will take place in the first week of August 2017. It will be a 7-day road trip in Europe with many awesome adventures along the way. Of course, there’s going to be a party! You can be sure you won’t have time to get bored, as we are always serious about fun.
Join the League of Students!
Do your part to make international education more accessible to young students all over the world! Find out more and apply on the League of Students website.