Stand out from the crowd
Cambridge English: Advanced, also known as Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.Prepare for success
Get the language skills essential for academic and professional success.A globally recognised certificate
Accepted as proof of high achievement in English by over 6,000 universities, employers and governments, including institutions in the UK, Australia, Canada and beyond.
What Cambridge English: Advanced offers you:
Choice of how you take the test
Take the test on paper or on a computer.
Choice in where and when you take the test
Choose from 1,300 exam centres worldwide and 40 dates a year.
At university level it certifies you are able to:
- follow academic courses, tutorials or seminars
- carry out complex and challenging research
At a professional level it certifies your ability to:
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings, discussions and presentations
- communicate effectively
Get your results in as little as 2 weeks for the computer-based version.
From January 2015, Cambridge English: Advanced results have been reported on the Cambridge English Scale.
|Cambridge English Scale Score||Grade/CEFR||CEFR level|
Cambridge English: Advanced is made up of four papers: Reading and Use of English (1 hour 30 minutes), Writing (1 hour 30 minutes), Listening (40 minutes), Speaking (15 minutes). Download sample papers at http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/.
What to do next:
- Test your English to see if Cambridge English: Advanced is the right exam for you
- Check our online database to make sure that the university you are planning to apply to accepts Cambridge English: Advanced
- Find your nearest exam centre and register
- Prepare for your exam with the printed and online support material available on our website