|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The MSc Archaeological Practice is a world-leading archaeology course, which will provide you with the practical skills required to carry out archaeological procedures, together with the intuition to know when to call in the specialists. This level of knowledge and skill will make you highly sought-after by employers.
Already working in the field of archaeology? This course is also for you. The pace of new developments means there is a constant need for established archaeologists to update their skills and priorities.
You will be based in Orkney, home to some of the worlds most renowned archaeological monuments including the Heart of Neolithic Orkney world heritage site. Here, through course work and hands-on practical experience, you will learn how to be the best in the field of archaeology.
* Study in the outstanding archaeological landscape of the Orkney Islands
* Gain hands-on archaeological fieldwork experience
* Be part of a vibrant archaeology research environment of both the new ORCA archaeology unit, and the Geophysics unit at Orkney College UHI
* You can study individual modules for personal or professional development (CPD), or work towards the PgDip, or full Masters degree
* Study full time or part time to suit your personal and professional life
Year 1 - PgDip Core modules:
* Theory and practice
* Professional practice
* Research skills
* Geophysical survey
* Underwater archaeology
* Archaeology and tourism
* Upland landscape management;
* Death and burial archeology.
Year 2 - MA To achieve the award of MA Archaeological Practice you must complete a research dissertation
* Undergraduate degree in archaeology or related subject, or equivalent academic or professional qualifications
* If you can demonstrate several years' professional work in the field of archaeology and especially archaeological field practice, you will also be considered