|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
MSc by Research (Nursing) offers research training including taught courses and a dissertation. It may be taken as a stand-alone degree or as an element in progression to PhD studies. Students pursuing this degree are part of the larger community of postgraduate research students in Nursing Studies and in the School of Health in Social Science.
Distinctive features of the degree include:
* integration of discipline-specific and generic social-science research training;
* opportunities for shared learning with students from diverse disciplinary backgrounds;
* participation in the research culture in Nursing Studies and the School of Health in Social Science;
* potential for progression to PhD studies;
* individual supervision;
* choice and flexibility of courses.
Learning Outcomes Students who follow this programme should:
* have practical competence in a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods;
* understand the epistemological basis and implication of different approaches to research;
* be able to present a reasoned argument linking problem, theory and method in a research proposal.
Teaching and learning methods include lectures, seminars, practical training in data collection and analysis, and independent study. Some learning may be web-based.
Normally a good honours degree or equivalent in Nursing Studies or related area. Other evidence of ability to undertake the work of the degree may also be considered.
English Language Requirements
* IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each section)
* TOEFL 580 (with 55 in each section and 4.0 in TWE)
* TOEFL 237 in CBT (with 21 in each section)
* TOEFL-iBT 92 (with at least 20 in each section)
* CPE Grade B or higher
* CAE Grade A
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|80 (Grade A)|