Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
The MSc/Dip by Research in Public Health Policy aims to provide a rigorous postgraduate training to graduates interested in pursuing interdisciplinary research across public health and social sciences. It offers a structured training towards either research for a PhD or MPhil or, as a stand-alone degree, the basis for a research career. The programme is designed to be accessible to students from diverse academic backgrounds, notably the medical and social sciences, and will enable students to develop the skills necessary to conduct research in international public health policy.
The programme integrates generic social science and discipline-specific public health research training, and applies social science research methods to public health issues. Students benefit from a broad range of training not only in the Centre for International Public Health Policy, but also in the School of Social & Political Studies and the Public Health Sciences section.
Learning Outcomes Graduates will gain knowledge and understanding of:
* concepts of epidemiology and public health research;
* application of statistical methods to public health research;
* application of economic analysis to public health policy;
* social science research skills in quantitative and qualitative methods;
* debates about the role of research in public health policy;
* principles and practice of designing a research project.
You will also develop the skills to:
* analyse diverse source materials and apply to public health questions;
* critically appraise research about public health and policy from epistemological and methodological perspectives;
* design and conduct research in the field of public health policy and across disciplinary boundaries;
* evaluate public health and health services policies from a population health perspective;
* demonstrate broad general competence in subject-specific research methods.
Course-based training is by lectures, seminars, group work and guided independent study, while students will also benefit from participation in programmes of research seminars and workshops. Students will be assessed through coursework, written examination and dissertation.
No specific academic or professional background is required but applicants should normally have at least a second-class honours degree or equivalent in social science, science, medicine, nursing or other related discipline. Eligibility from beyond the UK will be based on the National Academic Recognition Information Centre scheme.
English Language Requirements
* IELTS 7.0 (with at least 6.0 in each section)
* TOEFL 600 (with 55 in each section plus 4.0 in TWE)
* TOEFL 250 in CBT (with 21 in each section)
* TOEFL-iBT 100 (with at least 20 in each section)
* CPE Grade A
|CAE score:||80 (Grade A)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.