Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||30 April (start in September) and November 30 (start in February)|
|Start date:||February 2014, September 2013|
|Credits:|| 90 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
We consider ourselves to be a business university with an interdisciplinary approach. Our Masters programme in Law (MLS) therefore has an independent profile with an innovative education concept.it provides our students with highquality training and in-depth exposure to legal thinking and the application of legal skills. The high percentage of elective courses also enables our students to set their own priorities in line with their personal and professional interests.
Content and structure
Based on a well-founded basic legal education, the MLS allows students to specialise according to their own skills and interests at the Masters Level. The degree course programme is based on a unique didactic concept.
Objectives of the MLS programme
Our Masters in Law equips students with the skills to systematically orient themselves in legal issues while providing them with the ability to quickly familiarise themselves with new fields of law.
The special focus on issues in commercial and international law clearly sets this Masters programme apart from other Law programmes at Swiss universities.
The Master´s Programme in Law (MLS) has been continuously renewing its structure and curriculum to meet the changing needs in today's academic and business worlds. For the updated programme content, please refer to the programme's website:
Please note that some information might be provided in German.
To be admitted to a degree course at the Master's Level, students will either have to
* hold a degree awarded by the University of St.Gallen (HSG);
* or to hold a recognised Master's degree awarded by another university or a Licentiate's degree (diploma) awarded by another university; hold a Bachelor's degree in the same or a similar major awarded by another university, i.e. a Bachelor's degree acquired in the same major in which the Master's degree course will be pursued (Business Administration, Economics, International Affairs, Legal Studies). A Bachelors degree is deemed to have been obtained in a similar major if it runs to a minimum of 60 credits in that major. Admission to the Business Administration Master's programme in Banking and Finance (MBF) is also possible with a Bachelor's degree in Economics; in this case, the deciding criterion is the series of examinations for a Master's programme in Economics.
But please notice carefully that each programme has specific admission criteria. Our Admissions and Crediting Office will gladly advice you on any questions you might have. You will also find detailed information for each programme on our website under the heading Degree courses > Admission and enrolment > Admission to a Master's degree course.
We are happy to provide you with comprehensive information about the options for financing your studies. These includes existing financing options as well as information about budgeting and ways to reduce your living costs. And with our Loan and Scholarship Fund, we aim at ensuring that financially disadvantaged students are also able to study at HSG. The fund offers scholarships and interest-free loans to students enrolled in the Bachelor's or Master's Level.
Our Advice Center for Study Funding would therefore be glad to advise you with regard to the various possibilities of financing your studies. You can ask for a personal consultation by telephone or e-mail at any time.
Moreover, in order to foster economics, law, and humanities and social sciences research at the HSG, the Research Committee advises other University bodies on research issues and decides on and monitors the usage of University funds available for research purposes. It is responsible for
* granting funding from the Basic Research Fund, the Dr. Albert Bühler-Reindl Fund, the Dr. h.c. Emil Zaugg Fund and the Research Panel Fund
* granting fellowships for prospective researchers from SNSF funding
* granting fellowships from the Central Europe Foundation
* taking positions on issues of research policy at the University and also making submissions in this respect to the academic bodies
* it is also invited by the Swiss National Science Foundation to evaluate research projects of HSG members
The HSG has earned the EQUIS (2001) and AACSB (2003) accreditations and consequently has obtained the two most demanding international seals of approval for business schools.
In the Financial Times Global Masters in Management Ranking we are in 1st place with the Master in Strategy and International Management and in 3rd place with the CEMS Master in International Management. Our Master in Banking and Finance is ranked 5th in the Financial Times Masters in Finance Ranking.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.