The MBA&E is a pioneering postgraduate program with a core management/technology course and two alternative specializations, Business Process Outsourcing and Interdisciplinary Management. The curriculum combines traditional MBA content with technology and newest management concepts in order to create a program with competitive advantage. The program is very practice oriented and contains projects, excursions and company visits.
A further focus of the program is international teamwork. You will be solving business problems in teams of students, of whom over 80% come from numerous foreign countries all over the world. The MBA&E provides you with a challenging, yet friendly environment to learn business skills that are vital regardless of your choice of career.
The MBA&E is a small and dynamic program backed up by the resources and facilities of the HTW Berlin - a university of close to 10.000 students.
· The MBA&E recognizes the importance of technology and engineering as a value driver and a business administration tool. Being able to understand, manage, and apply technology in business is a major advantage over your traditional MBA competitors.
· The MBA&E has two alternative specialization with proven labour market demand and limited competition: Business Process Outsourcing and Interdisciplinary Management.
· The MBA&E does not ignore your previous studies and achievements, but seeks to take advantage of them and to build on them instead.
· Being a skillful team worker can be one of your most valuable career assets. The MBA&E will let you develop your teamwork skills in various team exercises throughout the course, as well as in a full-blown project environment.
· The MBA&E is versatile and over 80% international. You will be studying in English in a German-speaking metropolis that over 180 different nationalities call home. International standards and national differences in business practices are not ignored in the MBA&E curriculum.
· The program office offers comprehensive support from a single contact point especially for foreign applicants, students and graduates.
The program contents consist of two general modules (General Management and Technology & Engineering) and a specialization module (Business Process Outsourcing or Interdisciplinary Management).
General Management Module:
- Strategy, Organization, and HR Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Special Topics in Business Administration
- Corporate Finance and Controlling
Technology and Engineering Module:
- Global Supply Chain Management
- New Technologies & Innovation
- Manufacturing Technology & Automation
- Project Engineering Management
Alternative specialization 1: Business Process Outsourcing
- Data Management and Business Performance Management
- Communication in International Networks
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Project in Shared Services, BPO, and Offshoring
Alternative specialization 2: Interdisciplinary Management
- International Project Management
- Systems Engineering
- Leadership, Communication and Decision-Making
- Project: Industrial Engineering
In order to be considered for entry, you need to have at least:
- An accredited Bachelor's degree or an international equivalent. Degrees in relevant fields are preferred but not required.
- Proof of your English language proficiency:
o Minimum score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL
o Minimum score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL
o Minimum score of 79 in the internet-based TOEFL
o Minimum score of 5,5 in the IELTS
o Other certificates or proof may be considered, please consult us separately
The MBA&E is a small and individual program and the participants are hand-picked from the applicant pool each term. In the selection process we pay attention to the following criteria:
- Academic background and previous successes
- Amount and nature of working experience
- Study motivation and suitability communicated through the application documents and a possible telephone interview
We provide our full support for your application for a scholarship from any organization. Flexible payment arrangements are also available on agreement.
Dear employers, if you intend to sponsor an employee for a management degree, please contact us to find out about the kinds of support we can offer to gain you the highest possible return on your educational investment.
The MBA&E is accredited by the Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute ACQUIN. The ACQUIN is a German organization that accredits both national and international degree programs. It operates under German state supervision and is a member of the ENQA (European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education), the EUA (European University Association) and the INQAAHE (International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education).
Link to the accreditation profile (German): http://www.acquin.org/de/akkreditiert/akkreditiertstudiengang.php?id=11505
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test if you come from a non-English speaking country.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.More information on IELTS
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.