Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
The programme aims to develop the knowledge and professional skills of language teachers, specifically those teaching a language as a foreign, second or additional language, as well as others involved in language teaching, for example in curriculum design, course-book writing and testing.
Language Teaching at the University of Edinburgh offers a programme for foreign language teaching professionals which is strong in both its educational and linguistic foundations.
The comprehensive core component covers all the fundamentals of language teaching. The programme draws on the unrivalled joint resources and experience of the department of Linguistics & English Language, the Institute for Applied Language Studies and the Moray House School of Education.
Learning Outcomes Students who follow this programme will obtain knowledge and understanding of the basic principles of language education, with particular emphasis on:
* factors affecting language learning;
* approaches to language teaching and assessment;
* language in education and society;
* key issues in language policy;
* professional practice (including real-class observations;
* a high level of competence in planning and delivering foreign language education;
* a critical appreciation of the relevant research literature;
* ability to design and conduct small-scale research projects in various fields of language education.
You will be taught through lectures, tutorial sessions and classroom-related activities, such as lesson observation and micro-teaching.
Assessment is by written assignments, examination and project work. You will undertake a supervised project and a dissertation of approximately 15,000 words
* a good first degree
* a minimum of two years' classroom experience in teaching a foreign or second language
* (if your first language is not English) evidence of proficiency in English: for example IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each part, or equivalent.
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.