Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
Water is one of the most precious resources on earth. The growing demands for safe, clean and affordable potable water can only be met by increased interdisciplinary knowledge of water quality and the advanced, effective and sustainable treatment of water.
The master course Water Science shall impart in-depth knowledge and practical experience in natural science aspects of aquatic systems with focus in chemistry, microbiology and analytics.
The course comprises compulsory modules in analytical chemistry, applied microbiology, biofouling/biocorrosion, chemometrics, environmental microbiology and water chemistry. Within these areas, three practical courses are required. 32 out of 90 CPs are allocated to optional courses that can be chosen from a variety of water-related topics to set a more individual study focus.
The master course Water Science comprises 120 credits (ECTS) including a master thesis (30 CP).
Field of activity/job market
Everywhere, where water is in the focus of a job. This could be in laboratories, industry, administration or consulting. Examples include:
* Drinking water supply
* Waste water treatment
* Water reuse
* Analytical and microbiological laboratories
* International aid and health organizations
Furthermore, successful students may also continue their academic education aiming at a PhD.
Students can enroll from a variety of backgrounds. Formal requirements are:
* a university bachelor degree in natural sciences or engineering with chemical AND biological or microbiological contents, including a bachelor thesis (final grade at least 66 grade points)
* a letter of recommendation by their home institution (non-EU/EEA)
* a letter of motivation explaining why you want to study Water Science (1 page)
* good command of English (a copy of a English language proficiency certificate is required with at least TOEFL 550 (paper based)/215 (computer based)/81(internet based) or IELTS 6.0)
* CHINESE students please note: You have to provide an APS certificate along with your application documents.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.