Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This programme is currently not being updated by a university administrator
The information might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
We apologise for your inconvenience.
If you are a student, you can request further information from the programme contact person(s) listed below. If you are an employee of Teesside University, please contact us to administrate this information.×
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2013|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Biotechnology is the application of the biological sciences, using living organisms or natural products, in industrial situations. It's a growth area, with specific applications to the pharmaceutical, agricultural, pollution control and waste management industries. There is a demand for biotechnologists with an understanding and awareness of the industrial and medical applications of this technology.
You develop the skills needed at the interface of biology and engineering, and to design processes and products relating to these industries. On completion of the course, you'll be able to:
* interpret data generated by bioanalytical methods
* develop bioremediation strategies
* design and evaluate strategies for biomanufacturing products
* design protocols for genetic modification and analysis of organisms
* conduct computer analysis of biological sequence data (bioinformatics).
What you study
For the award of the MSc you study the six taught modules listed followed by a 60-credit in-depth project.
How you learn
The course is delivered using a series of lectures, tutorials and laboratory sessions.
* Analytical Laboratory
* Analytical Methods
* Applied and Environmental Biotechnology
* Introduction and Professional Studies
* Project Management and Enterprise
* Laboratory or industry related project
Modules offered may vary.
Applicants should normally have an honours degree (at least 2.2) in an appropriate related discipline, corporate membership of an appropriate chartered institution or an equivalent relevant qualification. Holders of an appropriate higher national diploma plus several years' relevant experience may also be accepted.
English Language Requirements
You must have a good level of English language as courses are delivered and assessed in English.
Minimum Entry Level
* IELTS: 6.0
* TOEFL (Paper-based test): 550
* TOEFL (Computer test): 213
* TOEFL (Internet-based test): 79
|CAE score:||60(Grade A)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test