|Application deadline:||29 Nov 2013|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||January 2015|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master of Management in Food and Beverage (MFB) is a full-time, international, one-year program that is taught entirely in English and attracts students from all over the world.
The program focuses on management of F&B and related companies, such as restaurants, hotels, resorts and advanced retailers, from an innovative and effective perspective. MFB has a multidisciplinary approach and adopts an experiential method. Lectures by professors and guest speakers are alternated with group exercises, team and individual projects, simulations, role-playing and case study analysis. You will have many Q&A sessions on contemporary issues the industry faces now and in their perceived future.
MFB regards management as a unique recipe that requires many carefully-measured ingredients, including strong theoretical and practical knowledge, vision, drive, determination and the ability to identify opportunities and bring together people, cultures and traditions.
MFB is the Master for you if
* You aspire to take up a managerial role in the intriguing field of Food & Beverage and related industries
* You want to discover how to be successful in restaurant and hotel business
* You need to be more specialized in order to progress in your career
* You want the opportunity to interact with international leaders in this sector
* You are ready for the challenge of a specialized and intense business program
* You are ready for an innovative curriculum from an internationally recognized School of Management.
What MFB can offer you
* Solid foundations in management, including practical, creative and professional skills
* Strong knowledge to operate successfully in the F&B sector, a market that is an important part of the global economy
* Direct contact with excellent companies and their leaders, who are often guest speakers on the program
* A dynamic environment, a focus on the global market and a multidisciplinary approach
* An exceptional faculty, involving worldwide recognized Partners, top executives and managers who will provide their specific professional knowledge and perspective. A fact about MFB
MFB is unique. Although there are other programs in the world focused on the food and beverage industry, the SDA Bocconi MFB is the only management program to offer a rounded education in Food & Beverage, along with the finest Italy has to offer, to support business and entrepreneurship in this field.
The mission of the Master of Management in Food & Beverage is to form and prepare specialized managers, giving them the opportunity to grow with specific and unique knowledge and to strengthen their sensibility and culture in the F&B and Food Service & Hospitality industries.
The program blends culture and methodology with lessons focused on a specific knowledge base and skill sets fundamental for managing firms in the industries in F&B, Food Service and Hospitality Business. Lessons from top academia, executives, experts and professionals are at the core along with the privileged access to the true Italian culture and traditions.
The program of the Master of Management in Food & Beverage is composed of core modules and specialized modules.
Pre-courses - January 2014
These courses are recommended for those who do not have a strong academic foundation in economics and management. They are designed to allow all participants to begin the program at the required common level of understanding of basic methods & concepts that will be applied.
You can choose to take these courses via our Online Tutorial system, at your own pace to be completed prior to commencement of the Master, or in the Classroom, with our faculty at the SDA Bocconi Campus in Milan.
If you want to reinforce your fundamentals of management and accounting before starting the program, you can also take advantage of the online-tutorials.
Courses January/September 2014
Core Courses 1st part
Costs & Performance Management
Planning & Control
Supply Chain Management
Brand Management & Communication
Core Courses 2nd part
Retail & Sales Management
Excellence in Service Management
Internships/Field Projects September/December 2014
Graduation Week - December 2014
Candidates are required to have
* Talents & Characteristics
* Formal prerequisites including:
- Bachelor degree (in any discipline)
- Minimum of one year professional experience
- Fluency in English by providing TOEFL or IELTS
- GMAT - not mandatory, but a strong score is beneficial in the admission process
The School assists candidates with their search for funding by supplying the necessary documentation and encouraging them to explore all scholarship and loan possibilities. SDA Bocconi provides opportunities for low-interest loans to admitted students, thanks to agreements with partner banks. Furthermore, the University provides international students with information about possible sources for financing in several countries. For further information, please visit the Università Bocconi website:
* loans and funding for international students
* loans and funding for domestic students
For companies and institutions
Companies and Institutions can fund training programs for their employees using Joint Inter-Professional Funds. These programs, which can be arranged by a single company or a group of companies, can be targeted at individuals or organizations, and can be specific to an industry sector or a geographical region.
For further information go to the Inter-Professional Funds page.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.