This programme is currently not being updated by a university administrator
The information might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
We apologise for your inconvenience.
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The course builds on your knowledge of electronics and communications and provides you with the tools to deal with a range of real design issues. The main focus of study is the design of relevant, innovative and `fit for purpose´ systems/devices in the areas of signal conditioning/processing and communications.
* understand the methodologies of high-integrity signal handling
* be able to review and assess design processes and pre-production prototypes of electronic devices
* create digital signal processors according to current industry practice, using FPGA and similar programmable devices
* design and review critically communications techniques in a variety of contexts
* design industrial communications interface systems
* design wired/wireless communication systems.
Graduates should be well prepared for employment in the electronic systems, communications systems design or production sectors.
What you study
For the award of the MSc you study the following taught modules, followed by a 60-credit research project.
How you learn
The course is delivered using a series of lectures, tutorials and laboratory work.
How you are assessed
Assessment varies from module to module. The assessment methodology could include in-course assignments, presentations or formal examinations.
Applicants should normally have an honours degree (at least 2.2) in an appropriate related discipline, professional membership of an appropriate chartered institution or an equivalent relevant qualification. Holders of an appropriate higher national diploma plus several years' relevant experience may also be accepted.
English Language Requirements
You must have a good level of English language as courses are delivered and assessed in English.
Minimum Entry Level
* IELTS: 6.0
* TOEFL (Paper-based test): 550
* TOEFL (Computer test): 213
* TOEFL (Internet-based test): 79,
|CAE score:||60 (Grade C)|