Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This programme is designed for science education professionals who wish to develop their practice and enhance student learning. It will appeal to those wishing to take an active role in shaping the future of science education: teachers, lecturers, researchers, science advisors, science managers and science specialists in educational settings.
It will equip you with:
* an innovative and valuable postgraduate qualification
* a greater understanding of current educational research and its relevance to pedagogy and practice in science education
* experience of cutting edge science research and practice in new techniques
* time to reflect and develop classroom practice
* the knowledge, understanding and skills to further research and design new educational and professional resources
* confidence to implement and evaluate developments in science education within your own professional practice
A personal tutor will guide you through the programme. A total of 180 credits are necessary to obtain the MSc. Each of the core or optional units is worth 20 credits and the dissertation (for the award of MSc) is worth 60 credits.
* Either Research in Science or Research Methods in Science Education
* Ethical Issues in Science Education
* New Technologies in Science Education
* Professional Development through Reflective Practice in Science Education
* Science Update
* Supervised Individual Study
* Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Science
* Professional Development through Mentoring and Coaching
* Trends in Science Education Research
Please note: not all options run every year.
You may also select units from other M-level programmes to personalise your studies.
A UK honours degree or equivalent qualification. Basic computer literacy (assignments will include word processing documents, making electronic presentations and online supervision). A background in science including some experience of teaching science or working in an associated science communication role.
The National College of Teaching and Leadership may offer Professional Development funding for teachers from schools in England; please see the Department for Education Website. Further information on funding for prospective UK, EU and international postgraduate students is available from the Student Funding Office.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.