Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is designed for science education professionals who wish to develop their practice and enhance student learning. It will appeal to those wishing to take an active role in shaping the future of science education: teachers, lecturers, researchers, science advisors, science managers and science specialists in educational settings.
It will equip you with:
* an innovative and valuable postgraduate qualification
* a greater understanding of current educational research and its relevance to pedagogy and practice in science education
* experience of cutting edge science research and practice in new techniques
* time to reflect and develop classroom practice
* the knowledge, understanding and skills to further research and design new educational and professional resources
* confidence to implement and evaluate developments in science education within your own professional practice
A personal tutor will guide you through the programme. A total of 180 credits are necessary to obtain the MSc. Each of the core or optional units is worth 20 credits and the dissertation (for the award of MSc) is worth 60 credits.
* Either Research in Science or Research Methods in Science Education
* Ethical Issues in Science Education
* New Technologies in Science Education
* Professional Development through Reflective Practice in Science Education
* Science Update
* Supervised Individual Study
* Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Science
* Professional Development through Mentoring and Coaching
* Trends in Science Education Research
Please note: not all options run every year.
You may also select units from other M-level programmes to personalise your studies.
A UK honours degree or equivalent qualification. Basic computer literacy (assignments will include word processing documents, making electronic presentations and online supervision). A background in science including some experience of teaching science or working in an associated science communication role.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.