|Application deadline:||January 15th & April 15th|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master of Mathematical Sciences is focused on applications of mathematics (operations research, applied probability and stochastic processes, statistics, numerical analysis and scientific computing). This degree positions ideally for a career in various fields such as financial mathematics, banking and insurance, data analysis, industrial modelling and computation. It can also be a springboard for research in applied mathematics.
The Master in Mathematical Sciences offers two orientations: Applied mathematics and Statistics and finance.
The aim of the orientation Applied Mathematics is a broad training in a variety of mathematical topics. The second orientation Statistics & Finance trains its graduates in the fields of mathematical finance and statistics.
The 120 ECTS Master programme in Mathematical Sciences offers two orientations:
* Applied mathematics (operations research, applied probability and stochastic processes, statistics, numerical analysis, scientific computing)
* Statistics and Finance (statistical theory, applied stochastic processes,mathematical finance.
Both orientations consist of :
- 2 semesters of courses (60 ECTS)
- 1 semester of engineering internship (30 ECTS)
- 1-semester Master's thesis (30 ECTS) in a research lab (EPFL or partner university)