|Application deadline:||Start in 1 February: December (non-EEA: October). Start in 1 September: June (non-EEA: April).|
|Tuition fee:||Not specified|
|Start date:||September 2014, February 2015|
|Credits:|| 60 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme focuses on in-depth study of theory as well as on the acquisition of professional and research skills, which can be applied in a wide range of psychology specialisations.
The one-year programme distinguishes itself by the fact that students are not only taught about the functioning of psychological processes, but that they also learn to connect these processes to behavioural consequences, with the aim of understanding self-regulation and behavioural control. This means that you will develop knowledge of psychology as a science, and that you will also learn to apply this knowledge to practical problems and to develop effective interventions. The teaching programme is based on state-of-the art scientific research and maintains a strong emphasis on the acquisition of academic and research skills. Completion of the MSc degree prepares students for subsequent academic degrees, including a PhD.
The programme offers nine specialisations:
* Applied Cognitive Psychology
* Child and Adolescent Psychology
* Clinical Neuropsychology
* Clinical Psychology
* Economic and Consumer Psychology
* Health Psychology
* Methodology and Statistics
* Occupational Health Psychology
* Social and Organisational Psychology
* IELTS overall band: 7
* TOEFL paper based: 600
* TOEFL computer based: 250
* TOEFL internet based: 100
Prospective students should
* possess the skills, understanding and knowledge that are required for earning the bachelor´s degree including the following introductory courses:
1. introduction to psychology
2. social and/or organisational psychology
3. personality psychology
4. cognitive psychology
5. neuropsychology and/or psychophysiology and/or biopsyc hology
6. clinical psychology
7. developmental psychology
* andpossess advanced knowledge on the level of a third year bachelor's course on the topic of the master's specialisation
* and- have sufficient knowledge of methods and statistics (up to 20 EC): introductory and more advanced courses in methods and statistics of psychological research (including psychometrics, multivariate data analysis) and the use of SPSS.
- have earned the degree of Bachelor at a university not being a university of professional education, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||600|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
Scholarships / Grants:
Leiden University:For additional information: Website
Accredited by: NVAO in: Netherlands