|Application deadline:||30 April|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):|| 90 ECTS Details |
1.5 years: 3 semesters( max. 5 semesters)
|Duration full-time:||15 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The Master in Biology broaches a number of topics, such as genetics, evolution, molecular and cellular mechanisms, physiology, the environment and biodiversity. The programme is therefore founded on various disciplines, including animal biology, plant biology, anthropology, cell biology and molecular biology. It allows students to increase their practical knowledge, primarily through laboratory work. It also allows students to do work placements in other fields, such as marine biology, ecology and alpine or tropical botany. In addition to the general Master of Science in Biology, which consists entirely of electives, a number of specialisations are available for a more targeted curriculum.
* General (electives)
* Specialisations * Biodiversity and systematics
* Genetics, development and evolution
* Bioinformatics and data analysis
* Molecular plant science
Tableau cf référence Étudier les sciences à lUNIGE
Master in Biology
Electives or required courses, depending on the chosen stream, 30 credits
Research project and dissertation, 60 credits
Students may earn up to 30 credits while on exchange. They may also conduct research outside the university, under the supervision of a faculty member, or do a work placement at a leading external laboratory in order to complete their Master´s degree.
The Master of Science in Biology leads to a number of professions both in Switzerland and abroad, including:
* Fundamental and medical research in public institutions
* Scientific research and consulting in biotech and pharmaceutical companies
* Biology teaching in middle school and high school
* Museums and botanical gardens
* Ecology-oriented services
* Scientific journalism
* Scientific consulting in governmental or private organisations which finance or supervise research
* Banking sector (for scientific consulting)
Faculty of Science: Sciences II, 30 quai Ernest-Ansermet, 1211 Geneve 4
T. +41 (0)22 379 66 61/62/63
Mr Xavier Chillier
T. +41 (0)22 379 67 15
Ms Alicia Sanchez-Mazas
T. +41 (0)22 379 66 56
Master in Biology
* Electives or required courses, depending on the chosen stream, 30 credits
* Research project and dissertation, 60 credits
Level of French required
No French proficiency test required for non-Francophones
A Bachelor of Science in Biology or an equivalent degree. Students are required to find a laboratory or group in which to conduct their research project.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.