Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
For MPhil and PhD study, you usually register for research by written thesis (although there are also possibilities for research based on a written element and studio practice).
Whatever your topic, you have your first supervisor in Art Psychotherapy and may have your second in another Department Art, Educational Studies,Psychology, or Sociology, for example.
You meet your supervisors regularly for discussion and guidance, and present your work to the Art Psychotherapy research student group.
You also attend the Goldsmiths Research Methods Training Course.
Supervision is currently available in the following areas:
* art therapists and their art
* cross-cultural issues
* evidence-based practices
* group work
* history and development of the professions in the UK and internationally
* occupational choice, career development and role change of arts therapists and arts therapy trainees
* clinical work with various client populations
Current research topics include:
* key issues in art psychotherapy with the blind
* the creative experience inside and outside an art psychotherapy group
* the image as an assessment tool with children who have an autistic spectrum disorder
* thinking about art with adults who have learning disabilities
* art therapists working environments
Find out more about our research degrees, including information about starting your research, upgrading to PhD registration, and submitting your thesis.
Thesis and viva voce.
* 3-4 years full-time or 4-6 years part-time.
You should normally have (or expect to be awarded) a taught Masters in Art Therapy/Art Psychotherapy.
You might also be considered for some programmes if you arent a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
We also accept a wide range of international equivalent qualifications, which can be found on our country-specific pages. If you'd like more information, please contact the Admissions Office.
If your first language isn't English, you need to demonstrate the required level of English language competence to enrol on our programmes.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!