Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
This programme is currently not being updated by a university administrator
The information might be incorrect, incomplete or outdated.
We apologise for your inconvenience.
If you are a student, you can request further information from the programme contact person(s) listed below. If you are an employee of University of St Andrews, please contact us to administrate this information.×
This programme aims to offer an opportunity for learning that is interdisciplinary between biblical and theological studies, and between these and various other human disciplines in the arts, humanities and social sciences. This is possible by making substantial use of an internet-based virtual learning environment and of face-to-face teaching.The overall aims of the programme are to enable students to:
* relate the Christian tradition in creative and productive ways to various aspects of the contemporary world,
* gain an understanding of how 'culture' both shapes and has been shaped by the situation within it of Christian religious belief, practice and theology,
* acquire a critical awareness of some current issues of dispute in the field,
* evaluate positions represented in advanced scholarly literature,
* proffer judgments on the issues concerned.
You will be taught face-to-face and through our Viritual Learning Environment. Your VLE modules are shared with students on our part-time, distance learning version of this programme. This means that you attend a Study Week with them, on the University campus, in mid-September and again in early February. You continue your learning in the VLE modules through online seminar discussions that are linked with reading materials.
In first semester you take a further module, delivered via lectures/seminars on the campus.
A good 2.1 UK Honours Degree (or overseas equivalent). If first language is not English, an IELTS 7.0/TOEFL 100IB score is required.
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test