Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Jointly run by the University of Savoie (France), the University of Trento (Italy), the University of Kassel (Germany) and the University of León (Spain), the European Master in Business Studies (EMBS) is a two-year full-time Masters degree in Management officially integrated in the new European Bologna system of higher education. EMBS has been developed in order to offer to European as well as to non-European students a unique opportunity of learning how to do efficient business in Europe.
Apart from studying fundamentals of Management and Sales & Marketing on a European scale, students will learn on site the multicultural differences by working in groups of different nationalities and by spending one semester in each University of the consortium. The EMBS is composed of four semesters in four different European countries (Trento/Italy, Annecy/France, Kassel/Germany and León/Spain), as explained in the following scheme:
* 1st semester: University of Trento (Italy)
* 2nd semester: University of Savoie (France)
* 3rd semester: University of Kassel (Germany)
* 4th semester: University of Leon (Spain)
The EMBS is offered to small groups of students (30 students maximum) of various nationalities who learn to work and study together over a period of two years (120 ECTS) in a multicultural environment. The program starts in September each year and courses are taught entirely in English. Qualified faculty members and managers from European companies are involved in the teaching of courses, seminars and workshops.
Main aims of the EMBS are:
* Training and developing the European managers of tomorrow;
* Giving them all the tools and best practices to enable them to fit easily into international companies and feel at home in multicultural environments;
* Improving their ability in English (and other European languages);
* Offering a specific European professional oriented curriculum.
Aimed at graduates with a Bachelor in Economics, Management or Business Studies as well as at graduates with other study backgrounds (Social sciences, Engineering, Languages) with a focus on Economics and Management, EMBS gives students the opportunity of starting their professional career with a sound theoretical knowledge in management and marketing mixed with practical experiences, like consultancy projects assigned during the course and a compulsory internship with a duration of at least 3 months which is scheduled for the end of the 2nd year.
Students admitted to the EMBS will spend a semester in each participating university in the following order:
* 1st year of Master
* Semester 1 in Trento (Italy)
* Semester 2 in Annecy (France)
* 2nd year of Master
* Semester 3 in Kassel (Germany)
* Semester 4 in León (Spain)
* 3 months internship/placement in a foreign country (not in their native country) at the end of the fourth semester
* Final Master Thesis to be presented at the end of the fourth semester
* Corporate finance
* European economy structure
* European and international commercial law
* Financial markets
* Global economic policy
* Information system
* International accounting
* International strategic management
* Organizational behaviour and human resources management
Marketing - Specialised courses
* B2B Marketing and Business Negotiation
* Cross-cultural communication and international project management
* Customer behaviour
* Distribution policies
* Innovation and knowledge management
* International marketing
* Quality management
* Services Marketing
* Statistics applied to International Market Research
* Supply Chain Management
In order to be considered for admission to the EMBS program, a Bachelors degree (at least amounting to 6 semesters and 180 ECTS) in Economics, Management, Business Studies or equivalent, or a higher degree is required, as well as certified English knowledge (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or similar) and proven computer skills. A curriculum vitae, 2 letters of reference and one letter of motivation are also required.
Following minimum requirements must be fulfilled by EMBS applicants:
a three- or four-year-Bachelors degree in Economics, Management or Business Studies or other study backgrounds (Social Sciences, Languages, Engineering) with a focus on Economics & Management awarded by an internationally recognized institution at university level. 50% or more of your Bachelor studies have to be done in the Economic/Business field.
* Final marks of at least 95/110 in Italy, 13 in France, 2,5 in Germany, 6,5 in Spain or the equivalent in other countries.
* working knowledge of the English language (at least at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or 560 paper-based TOEFL or 87 internet-based TOEFL or equivalent test results).
* good command of the most common computer applications.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||560|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||87|
EMBS students have the possibility to be supported through grants and scholarships offered by the Université de Savoie (France). For further information please contact email@example.com.
The UNITN "Opera Universitaria Scholarship"
Please note that EMBS students are NOT eligible for the Opera Universitaria Scholarship (OUS).
The "Università a Colori" scholarship
This scholarship is dedicated to children and grandchildren of Trentino-native emigrants currently living outside Italy. Please contact MS Lorenza Fracalossi (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details about this scholarship.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.