|Application deadline:||March: NON-EU applicants only, June: EU applicants|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Jointly run by the University of Savoie (France), the University of Trento (Italy), the University of Kassel (Germany) and the University of León (Spain), the European Master in Business Studies (EMBS) is a two-year full-time Masters degree in Managementofficially integrated in the new European Bologna system of higher education. EMBS has been developed in order to offer to European as well as to non-European students a unique opportunity of learning how to do business in Europe effectively.
Apart from studying fundamentals of Management and Sales & Marketing on a European scale, students will learn on site the multicultural differences by working in groups of different nationalities and by spending one semester in each University of the consortium. The EMBS is composed of four semesters in four different European countries (Trento/Italy, Annecy/France, Kassel/Germany and León/Spain), as explained in the following scheme:
* 1st semester: University of Trento (Italy)
* 2nd semester: University of Savoie (France)
* 3rd semester: University of Kassel (Germany)
* 4th semester: University of Leon (Spain)
Organisation / Country
* University of Trento Italy
* IMUS - IAE Savoie Mont-Blanc France
* University of Kassel Germany
* University of Leon Spain
The EMBS is offered to small groups of students (30 students maximum) of various nationalities who learn to work and study together over a period of two years (120 ECTS) in a multicultural environment. The program starts in September each year and courses are taught entirely in English. Qualified faculty members and managers from European companies are involved in the teaching of courses, seminars and workshops.
Main aims of the EMBS are:
* Training and developing the European managers of tomorrow;
* Giving them all the tools and best practices to enable them to fit easily into international companies and feel at home in multicultural environments;
* Improving their ability in English (and other European languages);
* Offering a specific European professional oriented curriculum.
Aimed at graduates with a Bachelor in Economics, Management or Business Studies as well as at graduates with other study backgrounds (Social sciences, Engineering, Languages) with a focus on Economics and Management, EMBS gives students the opportunity of starting their professional career with a sound theoretical knowledge in management and marketing mixed with practical experiences, like consultancy projects assigned during the course and a compulsory internship with a duration of at least 3 months which is scheduled for the end of the 2nd year.
Students admitted to the EMBS will spend a semester in each participating university in the following order:
* 1st year of Master
* Semester 1 in Trento (Italy)
* Semester 2 in Annecy (France)
* 2nd year of Master
* Semester 3 in Kassel (Germany)
* Semester 4 in León (Spain)
* 3 months internship/placement in a foreign country (not in their native country) at the end of the fourth semester
* Final Master Thesis to be presented at the end of the fourth semester
In order to be considered for admission to the EMBS program, a Bachelors degree (at least amounting to 6 semesters and 180 ECTS) in Economics, Management, Business Studies or equivalent, or a higher degree is required, as well as certified English knowledge (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or similar) and proven computer skills. A curriculum vitae, 2 letters of reference and one letter of motivation are also required.
Minimum requirements Following minimum requirements must be fulfilled by EMBS applicants:
* a three- or four-year-Bachelors degree in Economics, Management or Business Studies or other study backgrounds (Social Sciences, Languages, Engineering) with a focus on Economics & Management awarded by an internationally recognized institution at university level. 50% or more of your Bachelor studies have to be done in the Economic/Business field.
* Final marks of at least 95/110 in Italy, 13 in France, 2,5 in Germany, 6,5 in Spain or the equivalent in other countries.
* working knowledge of the English language (at least at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or 560 paper-based TOEFL or 87 internet-based TOEFL or equivalent test results).
* good command of the most common computer applications.
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||560|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||87|
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!