|Application deadline:||January 15th:Offers made by January 30th/March 1st:Offers made by March 15th/May 1st:Offers made by May 15th/July 1st:Offers made by July 15th|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This MSc programme will provide you with the skills required to understand the entrepreneurship and innovation required for the software industry. Many national and multinational companies employ computer science graduates in areas such as software development and engineering, artificial intelligence, systems and networks, database and systems security as well as mobile multimedia, modelling, research and development. You will also get the chance to demonstrate the skills you have learned by completing a substantial research and development project.
NFQ Level 9, Major Award
The MSc is a full-time taught Master's Degree programme running for 12 months from the date of first registration for the programme. Students take taught modules in Semesters 1 and 2, followed by a research/development project from May to September
The Masters Degree consists of 90 credits: taught modules to the value of 60 credits and a research/development project to the value of 30 credits. The taught modules comprise core modules to the value of 30 credits and elective modules to the value of 30 credits. Students are required to seek approval of the Head of Department for their choice of elective modules, following consultation with the programme coordinator. Not all elective modules will be offered each year.
Students must choose modules as follows: core modules to the value of 30 credits, plus elective modules to the value of 15 credits chosen from Group I and elective modules to the value of 15 credits chosen from Group II, plus the Research/Development Project (30 credits). Students will have completed all taught modules and related examining prior to commencing the Research/Development Project.
* CS6403 Case Studies in Computing Entrepreneurship (5 credits)
* CS6406 Large-Scale Application Development and Integration 1 (5 credits)
* CS6407 Large-Scale Application Development and Integration 2 (5 credits)
* CS6408 Database Technology (5 credits)
* CS6409 Information Storage and Retrieval (5 credits)
* CS6410 Project Development Skills (5 credits)
* CS6400 Dissertation in Computing Science (30 credits)
Elective Modules Group I
* CS6311 Mobile Network Protocols (5 credits)
* CS6312 Mobile Devices and Systems (5 credits)
* CS6314 Mobile Applications Design (5 credits)
* CS6320 Formal Methods for Distributed Systems (5 credits)
* CS6321 Model-Based Software Development (5 credits)
* CS6322 Optimisation (5 credits)
* CS6402 Virtualisation Technologies (5 credits)
Elective Modules Group II
* CS6313 Services and Mobile Middleware (5 credits)
* CS6315 Mobile Systems Security (5 credits)
* CS6316 Cellular Network Services (5 credits)
* CS6317 Multimedia Technology in Mobile Networks (5 credits)
* CS6323 Analysis of Networks and Complex Systems (5 credits)
* CS6325 Network Security (5 credits)
* CS6405 Datamining (5 credits)
Candidates must normally have obtained at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a closely related discipline. Candidates who have obtained at least a First Class Honours in a Higher Diploma conversion course, such as the Higher Diploma in Applied Computing Technology offered at UCC will be considered. Applications from other suitably qualified candidates, or from those with equivalent technical experience/qualifications, will be considered.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!