|Application deadline:||July 31; Non EU May 31|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014, October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The MTM program provides students with specific competencies for the tourism business in a practiceoriented and holistic approach. It takes into account the fact that the prosperous tourism sector is recruiting more and more managers with a recognized academic qualification and with high sensitivity towards international and intercultural management needs. The program delivers key competencies required in the tourism business and build on the previous studies of students.
Core emphases of the course
* Strategic and operative marketing competences in tourism
* International, intercultural and global tourism management
* Sensitivity towards the tourism environment
* Specific management competencies in tourism (e.g. project management, e-tourism, quality management, operations managent)
* Softskills such as communication and intercultural competences
* Post graduate course "Master in International Tourism Management"
* One-year full time course
* Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
* International lecturers and students
* Optional internship
* Orientation week
* German language course
* Social activities and gatherings
The MBA in International Tourism Management has 16 modules, which have to be completed. Students take an exam in 13 out of the 16 modules. Lectures account for about 630 hours (see Modules and Credits). The modules comprise either 30 or 60 hours. Usually one module is completed after two weeks. Classes are held in English. The optional internship can be done in Germany or abroad. The students gain credit points for their examination results according to the ECTS system (see general structure chart).
Course accompanying examinations must be performed alternatively as follows:
* Supervised written exams
* Oral exams
* Seminar papers or presentations
The Master's Examination consists of:
* The course accompanying exams
* Master thesis plus oral defence
The general requirements for admission are:
* An academic, business-related degree (bachelor). For foreign applicants: the course director has to approve the academic degree.
* Generally two years of practical professional experience.
* Proof of a very good standard of English shown by appropriate certificates (A-level English course, TOEFL paper based 560 points, TOEFL computer based 220 points, IELTS 6,0; option: English test)
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||560|