|Application deadline:||April 15, October 31|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||18 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The aim of the programme is to offer specialized study of Modern Greek and European History (since the 19th c.), and highlight its connection with the history of the wider area of the Mediterranean and Southeastern Europe; and to map the course of Cyprus and its political and cultural relations with the broader european world.
The personnel teaching in the programme comprises the academic staff appointed to the Department of History and Archaeology, in the following specialized areas:
* Modern Greek History
* Contemporary Greek History
* Modern European History
* Contemporary European History
The same members of staff will also act as academic advisors to the students.
Additional teaching can also be offered by Visiting Academic Staff and Short Term Visiting Academic Staff in the above specializations. Academics of other departments of the University may also offer classes following the Departments invitation.
Organization of the postgraduate programme
The postgraduate programme consists of three elements:
Independent study, attendance and participation to the Colloquium,
Students have to fulfill successfully all three elements of the programme in order to obtain the MA.
The programme may be offered either on a full-time or part-time basis. Students (either full-time or part-time) have to follow the programme as organized. The general postgraduate study regulations are applicable as regards the general work load.
Part-time students may begin writing their dissertation after the completion of six of the seven compulsory courses of the programme.
Prerequisites for Admission to the M.A. Programme
* Candidates may be:
* Graduates of the Department of History and Archaeology of the University of Cyprus or the Departments of History and Archaeology of Greek universities.
* Graduates of the Department of Classical Studies and Philosophy of the University of Cyprus or equivalent departments of Greek universities.
* Graduates of Departments of Archaeology and/or Classical Studies of recognized universities.
* Graduates with a degree in related fields of research (History, History of Art, Architecture, Anthropology, or other disciplines that have applications in Archaeology, such as Geology, Physics and Chemistry) from recognized universities.
* Graduates of the School of Letters with a minor degree in History and Archaeology.
2. The Committee of the above programme will examine on their own merit applications from candidates who do not have a degree in Archaeology or History.
3. Graduates of the University of Cyprus and Greek universities must have an undergraduate diploma with a cumulative grade of 7.5/10.0 or higher. The equivalent is required for candidates who have graduated from other universities.
4. Candidates who meet the above requirements will be called for an interview and/or a written exam. They must also pass written exams in two of the main European languages (other than their mother tongue), namely English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
5. Greek is the official language of instruction and for writing of the Master´s Thesis.
Submission of Application
Applications must be submitted to the Department´s postgraduate programme coordinator within the announced deadlines and must include the following:
* Photocopy of University undergraduate or first degree and transcript of grades, or confirmation of forthcoming graduation
* Short Curriculum Vitae
* Two undergraduate essays on archaeological themes or, in the case of applicants who belong to categories 1(a), 1(b), 1(c), two undergraduate essays on related themes
* Proof of good knowledge of two foreign languages
* Short statement of personal goals and research interests
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!