|Application deadline:||April 15, October 31|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, January 2015|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The candidates for the Master programme must be holders of a BA from recognized universities. Priority will be given to graduates of the following departments: Graduates of History, Faculty of Letters, Political Science, European Studies or Turkish Studies. Graduates of Greek universities and the University of Cyprus must have a GPA of at least 7,0. This is also required for graduates of other universities. Good knowledge of the English language is obligatory. Knowledge of a second European language will be an advantage. Final decision for acceptance will be made by a Committee consisting of professors of the Department - permanent teaching staff of the programme. The Committee may decide to invite the candidates for an interview and/or a written examination, regardless if they have all requirements.The language for teaching and for writing the MA thesis is Greek.
Prerequisites for Admission to the M.A. Programme
* Candidates may be:
* Graduates of the Department of History and Archaeology of the University of Cyprus or the Departments of History and Archaeology of Greek universities.
* Graduates of the Department of Classical Studies and Philosophy of the University of Cyprus or equivalent departments of Greek universities.
* Graduates of Departments of Archaeology and/or Classical Studies of recognized universities.
* Graduates with a degree in related fields of research (History, History of Art, Architecture, Anthropology, or other disciplines that have applications in Archaeology, such as Geology, Physics and Chemistry) from recognized universities.
* Graduates of the School of Letters with a minor degree in History and Archaeology.
2. The Committee of the above programme will examine on their own merit applications from candidates who do not have a degree in Archaeology or History.
3. Graduates of the University of Cyprus and Greek universities must have an undergraduate diploma with a cumulative grade of 7.5/10.0 or higher. The equivalent is required for candidates who have graduated from other universities.
4. Candidates who meet the above requirements will be called for an interview and/or a written exam. They must also pass written exams in two of the main European languages (other than their mother tongue), namely English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.
5. Greek is the official language of instruction and for writing of the Master´s Thesis.
Submission of Application
Applications must be submitted to the Department´s postgraduate programme coordinator within the announced deadlines and must include the following:
* Photocopy of University undergraduate or first degree and transcript of grades, or confirmation of forthcoming graduation
* Short Curriculum Vitae
* Two undergraduate essays on archaeological themes or, in the case of applicants who belong to categories 1(a), 1(b), 1(c), two undergraduate essays on related themes
* Proof of good knowledge of two foreign languages
* Short statement of personal goals and research interests