|Application deadline:||September 5 (EU); September 1 (Non-EU)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Type of masters programme: professional.
Partner institutions / universities:
* DG Interpretation, European Commission, Brussels; DG Interpretation, European Parliament, Brussels;
* EMCI member universities: Karl Franzens University, Graz (coordinating institution), Institute for Translators and Interpreters, Antwerp; Charles University, Prague; Copenhagen Business School; University of Turku; Sorbonne Nouvelle University (ESIT), Paris; Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz; Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest; University of Trieste; University of Warsaw; University of Lisbon; University of Ljubljana; University of La Laguna; University of Stockholm; University of Geneva (coordinating institution); University of Westminster, London; Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca; Bogaziçi University, Istanbul.
The European masters programme in Conference Interpreting offered at Babes-Bolyai University offers professional-level training for the future high level conference interpreters (qualified to perform consecutive and simultaneous interpreting).
Course aimed at: graduates coming from all accredited higher education institutions and willing to train as professionals in this field.
If successfully passed, the final assessment or graduation exam leads to an MA diploma in Conference Interpreting mentioning the language combination as well as an EMCI certificate.
The master studies represent the second cycle of the university studies. The MA programmes enable the students to further their research into a specific domain and they prepare the way towards their applying for the doctoral programmes. A master's degree corresponds to a two-year postgraduate program (120 ECTS credits, 30 ECTS in each semester). The curriculum of a master´s programme provides 14-16 hours a week. There are 4-6 disciplines in each semester.
Member of the European Masters in Conference Interpreting (EMCI) Consortium since 2007
The curriculum includes general and specific disciplines such as: Language and Cultural Studies; Public Relations; Information Technology and Communications; European Negotiations; European Economic Policies; Contemporary Romanian Language; Interpreting Techniques; Theory of Interpreting; Consecutive / Simultaneous Interpreting.
The completion of master studies assumes a dissertation corresponding to 20 credits, beyond the 120 credits of the curriculum.
Eliminatory written test (language proficiency test): written translation from the A language into the B language and written translation from the C language(s) into the A language, where A language = mother tongue, B language = first foreign language, C language = second foreign language; Aptitude test: preparation of speeches (in the A and B languages) starting from a list of five words and their presentation; A-language summary of a speech delivered in the B language; A-language summary of a speech delivered in the C language; interview (short introduction, motivation, previous experiences in the field, if any, discussion on a topic pertaining to European Union policies. The aptitude test is the only criterion for the final selection, carrying a pass/fail verdict.
Non-EU citizens can enroll at Babes-Bolyai University based on the letter of acceptance delivered by the Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation without having to pass an admission exam. Foreign applicants who want to enroll at Babes-Bolyai University as self sponsored students have two choices:
1. Submit their documents to the Department of European Affairs and International Relations within the Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation (28-30, Gen. Berthelot Street, 010168 Bucharest, Romania, Phone no:+40 21 405 62 00).
2. Submit their documents directly to Babes-Bolyai University, Centre for International Cooperation (68 Avram Iancu St., 400083 Cluj-Napoca, Phone no:+40 264 429 762 ext 6023).
Self-sponsored EU citizens follow the same admission procedures as Romanian citizens. A precondition for application is the recognition of the study certificates (high school, BA) by the Romanian Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation. Our office can assist EU citizens in gettingthis recognition, by collecting and sending their files further to the Ministry of Education, Research and Innovation.
Documents necessary for admission at Master´s Level:
* Certified copy of the following documents translated into Romanian/English/ French or German, in case the originals are not written in one of the languages mentioned above:
a) High-school graduation diploma
b) Bachelor's Degree diploma
c) Birth certificate
d) Marriage certificate (if the applicant's last name changed subsequent to marriage)
e) Transcript of Records for university studies at graduate level
* Medical certificate
* Passport copy
* Four passport-size photographs
* Application form
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.