Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The University of Essex is one of the UK's leading academic institutions, ranked ninth nationally for research excellence following the most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE).
Our MSc Management Economics trains you to use economics in managerial decisions and in the analysing of strategic interaction among firms. We combine theory and applications to provide you with a unique combination of business knowledge and economic skills.
Your core module, Economics of Organisational Management, is just one compulsory module that allows you to get a formal understanding of the basics of contract theory, incentive theory, and the theory of the firm, and how to apply these to real world management decision making. This is linked to another core module, Theory of Industrial Organisation, which focuses on the interaction between firms in different market structures and how strategic interactions can affect sales and profitability. You gain skills in thinking strategically and are equipped to discuss economic theory in plain language, relating it to managerial decisions and market intelligence.
A Masters course is an academically rigorous programme during which you explore your subject in depth, reaching a high level of specialist knowledge. You draw on knowledge and skills from your undergraduate study or your professional life to produce work of a high academic standard, informed by current thinking and debate.
This course lasts twelve months (full-time), starting in October, and consists of taught modules during your autumn and spring terms and a research-based dissertation to be submitted in September. Your research-based dissertation counts for 40 credits and you will take seven 20 credit modules, four of which are compulsory. (If you are from the EU, then our Masters courses are regarded as second-cycle qualifications under the Bologna Declaration and consist of 90 ECTS credits).
* Msc Dissertation
* Economics Of Incentives, Contracts And The Firm
* Mathematical Methods
* Theory Of Industrial Organisation
* Advanced Research Methods: Empirical Explorations The Contemporary Workplace
* Asset Pricing
* Audit Theory
* Bank Strategy And Risk
* Behavioural Finance
* Cases In Corporate Governance
* Corporate Finance
* Corporate Reporting And Analysis
* Creativity And Organisation
* Critical Marketing
* Derivative Securities
* Econometric Methods And Applications
* Economic Development Theory
* Economics Of Financial Markets
* Exchange Rates And International Finance
* Financial Modelling
* Fixed Income Securities
* Foundations Of Management And Marketing
* Game Theory And Applications
* Human Resource Management
* Industry Expert Lectures In Finance
* International Environment Of Business
* International Finance
* International Financial Reporting
* International Management Accounting
* International Trade Theory
* Issues In Financial Reporting
* Management Accounting
* Management In Organisations
* Management Psychology
* Management: Principles And Practices
* Managing Across Cultures
* Managing For Ethics And Sustainability
* Marketing: Principles And Practices
* Modern Banking
* Perspectives On Corporate Governance
* Perspectives On Marketing
* Philosophy Of Management And Accounting
* Political Economy
* Portfolio Management
* Postgraduate Mathematics Preparation
* Research Evaluation Projects
* Research Methods And Methodologies In Accounting And Management
* Research Methods In Finance: Empirical Methods In Finance
* Risk Management
* Strategic Brand Communication
* Strategy And Accounting
* Topics In Financial Economics
* Topics In Labour Economics
* Trading Global Financial Markets
Core modules must be taken and passed.
Core with options modules selected from limited lists must be taken and passed.
Compulsory modules must be taken.
Compulsory with options modules selected from limited lists must be taken.
Optional modules are selected from course specific lists.
Upper second class honours degree, or equivalent, in relevant subject area.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!