Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
The philosophy of the M.Sc/P.Grad Dip. course is based on the belief that learning is a life long process with the student assuming responsibility for his/her own learning and development. The course uses a combination of teaching styles including lectures, self-directed and distance learning, as well as problem based learning approaches. All prospective students should ensure that they have use of a computer with ready access to the Internet.
This part-time two-year M.Sc. course offers speech and language therapists an opportunity to develop specialist skills in specific areas of clinical practice. Students select 1 specialist field from a choice of 5 modules offered.
Specialist Modules offered for 2011/2012:
* Dysphagia *
* Acquired Communication Disorders
* Child Language
Courses are timetabled to facilitate overseas speech and language therapists and speech and language therapists in employment.
* There is also an opportunity to do a Postgraduate Diploma in Dysphagia.
On successful completion of this programme, Graduates will be able to:
(1) promote excellence in clinical practice through extending and enhancing their existing theoretical knowledge base with a critical awareness of new insights and developments within their chosen clinical specialist area.
(2) apply their existing scientific literacy skills to research and clinical practice.
(3) demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and mastery of concepts, information and techniques relevant to research methodology.
(4) design and implement, with a degree of autonomy, and with due regard to ethical considerations, small-scale research studies in their chosen clinical specialist area. These studies will add to the existing professional knowledge base.
(5) communicate confidently with peers on their area of expertise through formal presentations and with the wider scholarly community through oral presentations and published articles.
(6) sustain intellectual interest and critical thinking as professionals through application of scientific literacy skills in the pursuit of lifelong learning.
In addition to the specialist modules, the course comprises six core modules: Disability and Society, Introduction to the Analysis of Talk in Interaction, Counselling, Research Methods and Statistics, Ethical Issues in Clinical Research and Evidence Based Practice.
Specialist modules (1-5 above) will only run if a minimum of 5 students registers for any single option.
The core and specialist modules will be the focus for students in Year 1. In Year 2 the concentration will be on research leading to a dissertation in the selected specialist area.
Eligible candidates for the M.Sc course should hold at least an upper second class honors degree in Clinical Speech and Language Studies or an equivalent qualification in Speech and Language Therapy.
English language requirements:
* IELTS: Grade 6.5
* TOEFL: 88 iBT, 230-computer based, 570 paper based
* Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: Grade C
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: Grade C
|CAE score:||80(Grade C)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||570|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||230|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||88|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.