Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||Call for applications has been published on May 29th; Deadline for applicants: September 1st; Enrollment: September 30th 2011|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
The two-year Master´s programme Chemical Engineering connects the fields of chemical and biochemical engineering into unique study programme, which offers variety of options to students. The two main directions are Chemical Engineering and Biochemical Engineering, however, students can choose elective modules within two directions in order to acquire narrower specialization according to his/her own interests as well as the needs of future employers.
The most important goals of Master´s programme Chemical Engineeringare:
· to prepare their graduates for productive, gainful, and ethical career in chemical, biochemical and related industries and organizations,
· to provide students with the advanced skills, knowledge and insight in the field of chemical andbiochemical engineering,
· to train students for research and development of new products and processes by taking into account safety, environmental aspects and sustainability,
· to mastering the students in the systems approach for holistic development of problems from identification and experimentation, through abstraction, up to the modelling and generalization.
The Master´s programme lasts two years and comprises 120 points ECTS. It represents the second, advanced cycle in the three-cycle Bologna system of chemical engineering education. While the three-year first cycle Bachelor programme aims to provide students with conceptual understanding of the basics of chemistry and chemical engineering, the second cycle Master´s study programme offers an upgrade with the advanced knowledge of design, control and development of products, technologies and processes. Special emphasize is placed on environment protection, renewable resources and sustainable development. The Master´s study programme is an intensive programme; highly motivated students are thus expected. The amount of students´ individual work is up to 70 %, which reflects the high importance of independent study in compare with first cycle programmes. Students are trained to generate innovative solutions and develop these solutions from idea to realization. Constituent part of study are one-month industrial project (5 ECTS) and master thesis (25 ECTS) in the last semester. Graduates will obtain a qualification Master´s Degree in Chemical Engineering. They are broadly educated and posses analytical, synthesis, creative and social skills, that offer the rewarding professional career or solid basis for continued studies leading to doctoral degree.
During the studies, students would acquire the advanced knowledge in the fields which are regarded as strategic for global sustainable development: chemical and biochemical engineering, environmental engineering, and pharmaceutical engineering.After finishing Master´s studies graduates should be able to use the acquired knowledge and research skills to identify and efficiently manage challenges in related fields. They should be able to perform scientific based analyses and syntheses of complex engineering problems and understand the influence of proposed solutions to the environment and society. They should connect engineering applications with financing, management and organizational aspects. They should be able to prepare written and oral presentations of their ideas, work in team environment and lead a team, and to pass the acquired knowledge to others.
The two-year Master´s programme Chemical Engineering comprises 120 ECTS. The study programme consists of two study directions, Chemical Engineering and Biochemical Engineering. Within these two directions students can choose specialization modules. Direction Chemical Engineering offers elective modules Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Coating Technology, while direction Biochemical Engineering offers modules Biochemical Engineering and Pharmaceutical Engineering. First semester is common for all students and includes obligatory fundamental courses of chemical and process engineering. In the second semester, students select one of the two study directions, while in the third semester they choose among specialization modules in order to acquire desired professional specialization. In the last semester students prepare industrial project and master thesis under supervision of appointed supervisor. Master's studies conclude with the public defence of the thesis.
OBLIGATORY COURSES: Stagewise Processes, Process Design, Chemical Reaction Engineering II, Process Dynamics and Optimization, Product and Process Development
OPTION CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Obligatory courses: Fluid Mechanics II, Solution Thermodynamics, Process Equipment, Process Design-Project,
OPTION BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Obligatory courses: Bioseparation Processes and Biocatalysis, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Industrial Microbiology, Bioreaction Engineering
OPTION CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Module Chemical Engineering
Obligatory courses: Upstream/downstream, Energy Management of Processes, Process Synthesis
Module Environmental Engineering Obligatory courses: Cleaner Production, Pollution Control, Environmental Management
Module Coatings TechnologyObligatory courses: Raw Materials for Coatings, Manufacture of Coatings, Application of Coatings
Elective courses for all modules (students choose two): Eco-design, Industrial Ecology, Sustainable Consumption, Environmental Biotechnology, Water Conditioning and Treatment, Properties and Testing of Coatings, Nutraceuticals, Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering, Innovation Management
OPTION BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Module Biochemical Engineering
Obligatory courses: Process Raw Materials for Bio and Food Industry, Food Technology, Genomics in Biomedical Technology
Module Pharmaceutical Engineering
Obligatory courses: Process Raw Materials for Bio and Food Industry, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Pharmaceutical Technology
Elective courses for all modules (students choose two): Enzyme Technologies, Biocatalysis in Nonconventional Media, Environmental Biotechnology, Nutraceuticals, Numerical Methods in Biochemical Engineering, Innovation Management
Obligatory: Industrial project, Master thesis
Master´s programme Chemical Engineering admits graduates who have successfully completed:
- the appropriate first cycle study programme in chemistry, chemical technology, chemical engineering, process engineering, biochemical engineering, educational chemistry,
- the first cycle study programme in any other natural or technical sciences not mentioned above. Before admission, student has to pass successfully the exams in the amount of 49 ECTS, that are essential for continuing the studies: General Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry I and II, Physical Chemistry I, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Separation Processes I and Chemical Reaction Engineering I,
- higher professional programme, accepted before June 11, 2004, in chemistry, chemical technology, chemical engineering, process engineering, biochemical engineering,
- higher professional programme, accepted before June 11, 2004, in other natural or technical sciences not mentioned above. Before admission, student has to pass successfully the exams in the amount of 49 ECTS, that are essential for continuing the studies: General Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry I and II, Physical Chemistry I and II, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Separation Processes I and Chemical Reaction Engineering I.
In case of enrolment limitations, applicants are registered according to their grade on Diploma Thesis (20 %) and their overall GPA on examinations (80 %).
The study programme has been accredited by the State regulated accreditational body in the Republic of Slovenia.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.