|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The LLM in International Business Law programme offers a comprehensive range of modules relevant to international trade law, business law, competition law, corporate governance, intellectual property and market regulation.
To specialise in this area, you must select 90 credits of modules from this list and do your compulsory dissertation in the field of International Business Law (45 credits). The additional 45 credits of taught modules can be in this area or can be unrelated and therefore selected from the full list of LLM available modules.
All modules are 45 credits unless otherwise stated below.
Note: Not all of the modules listed will be available in any one year. Any modules not available in the forthcoming academic session will be marked as soon as this information is confirmed by teaching academics.
* QLLM006 Alternative Dispute Resolution
* QLLM011 Company Law
* QLLM013 Comparative Commercial Law
* QLLM017 Computer Law
* QLLM025 E-Commerce Law
* QLLM028 EU Financial Law
* QLLM033 European Internal Market Law
* QLLM043 International and Comparative Commercial Arbitration
* QLLM044 International and Comparative Competition Law
* QLLM045 International and Comparative Law of Copyright and Related Rights
* QLLM046 International and Comparative Law of Patents, Trade Secrets and Related Rights
* QLLM050 International Commercial Law
* QLLM051 International Commercial Litigation - Commercial Conflict of Laws
* QLLM052 International Construction Contracts and Arbitration
* QLLM054 International Economic Law
* QLLM060 International Merger Control
* QLLM062 International Tax Law
* QLLM064 International Trade and Investment Dispute Settlement
* QLLM067 Judicial Protection in the EU
* QLLM068 Law of Economic Crime
* QLLM073 Legal Aspects of International Finance
* QLLM080 Multinational Enterprises and the Law
* QLLM082 Regulation of Financial Markets
* QLLM085 Securities Regulation
* QLLM087 Taxation Principles and Concepts
* QLLM094 UK Competition Law
* QLLM121 International Trade and Intellectual Property Law
* QLLM122 European Union Tax Law
* QLLM124 European Union Competition Law
* QLLM134 Regulation of International Trade
* QLLM135 Corporate Finance Law
* QLLM136 Ethics in Business and in Finance
* QLLM137 Insurance Law
* QLLM138 General Principles of Insurance Law (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM139 Insurance Regulation (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM140 Marine Insurance Law
* QLLM141 Insurance Contracts (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM142 Reinsurance Law (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM143 International and Comparative Law of Trade Marks and Unfair Competition
* QLLM146 Energy Regulation and Policy (22.5 credits)
* QLLM147 International Shipping Law
* QLLM150 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers (22.5 credits Sem 1)
* QLLM151 Negotiation Theory and Practice (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM155 Principles of Regulation (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM156 Introduction to Insurance Regulation (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM179 International and Comparative Petroleum Law and Contracts (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM180 US International Taxation
* QLLM181 Legal Aspects of Paperless Trade (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM182 Charterparties: Law and Practice (22.5 credits Semester 2) (Not running in 2014-15)
* QLLM183 Protection and Indemnity Clubs: Law and Practice (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM184 US Comparative Corporate Law (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM186 International Investment Law and Policy
* QLLM187 International Investment Law (22.5 credits Semester 1)
* QLLM188 Regulation of International Investment and Public Policy (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM191 Competition and Regulation in EU Healthcare Markets (22.5 credits Semester 2)
* QLLM192 Market Integration and Regulation in the European Internal Market (22.5 credits Semester 1)
The usual qualification for entry to the LLM programme is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, of at least 2.1 honours (or equivalent). Law graduates with 2.2 honours who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
Non-law graduates with a minimum second class honours degree, that have also obtained a Merit (or 60 per cent) in the Common Professional Examination (CPE) or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) recognised by the UK professional bodies, may also qualify. Non-law graduates may also be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience (of at least five years) in a legal area or an area directly related to their programme of study.
In all cases, a full online application is required in order for a fair assessment and decision to be made. Each application is considered on its merits and on sight of full application documents.
A full and detailed CV is required for all applications and is particularly relevant where professional experience needs to be considered.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.