Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Master´s Degree in Bio-and Environmental Technology
The Master´s Degree course in Bio-and Environmental Technology offers the opportunity of specialisation in either Biotechnology or Environmental Engineering. Core subjects are Environmental Process Engineering and Environmental Biotechnology, Plant Planning and Plant Engineering, Bio-Analytics, Food Production Technology and Quality Management. These subjects are complemented by advanced study of Social Skills, English and relevant aspects of Business Economics: altogether the ideal preparation for a career in this field.
Graduates of this course can carry out planning, development and optimisation tasks in various branches of the Bio-and Environmental Technology field independently, efficiently and innovatively. They possess the specialist scientific and economics knowledge as well as the required social competence.
The curricular concept also allows time for reflection, criticism, discussion and the acquisition of problem-solving skills.
* Qualification: Master of Science in Engineering, MSc
* Duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS Credits)
* Mode of Study: Full-time, division into specialisations: Biotechnology and Environmental Engineering
* Weekly Lesson Hours: 24
* Number of new admissions per year: 23
* Application Deadlines: 31st January, 31st March, 30th June
* Costs: None: there are currently no tuition fees
Head of Studies:DI Dr. Thomas Eidenberger
Programme Administrator: Elisabeth Wiesbauer, Elke Freimuth
FH OÖ University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
School of Engineering/Enviromental/Sciences
Stelzhamerstraße 23, 4600 Wels/Austria
Tel.: +43 (0)50804-43030 od. -43020
Fax: +43 (0)50804-43166
Engineering and Science Subjects
* Energy from Biomass
* Environmental Analytics
* Environmental Biotechnology
* Communication and Management
* Business Economics and Law
* Master´s Thesis
Specialisation Option: Environmental Engineering
* Environmental Engineering
* Energy Technology
* Plant Planning
Specialisation Option: Biotechnology
* Food- and Bio-Analytics Plant Engineering
* Quality Assurance
Completed Master´s or Bachelor´s degree with economics and English background.