|Application deadline:||There are no official application deadlines, as offers of admission are made on a rolling basis|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||November 2015|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme creates genuinely transformation learning. It challenges and supports you to develop the way you respond to key issues and understanding of business responsibilities. It enables you to take effective action in the sustainability and responsibility areas.
With a combination of change, leadership and sustainability, you will embark upon a unique journey of discovery.
The MSc in Sustainability and Responsibility Journey
The programme is studied part time over two years and is based around a series of eight intensive workshops, each of five days' duration.
The programme requires you to engage in practical and experimental actions between workshops, using action research processes. You will be fully supported by tutors and peer learning groups to apply your learning from workshops to your daily professional settings.
Through the programme you will :
* explore sustainability and corporate responsibility from multiple perspectives
* engage with leading-edge practitioners and organisations featuring values-based business and organisational practices
* develop skills and apply disciplined action research and action learning
* develop and apply your capacities as an informed and self-aware individual contributing to organisational and social change
* inform the growing world-wide debate on the purposes and responsibilities of business
* benefit from strong peer support, shared learning and a conducive learning environment
Action Research incorporates a wide range of practices and ideas with a strong pedigree in the fields of organisational change and community development. Action Research invites you to develop a discipline of thinking, personal reflection and testing ideas through action experiments.
Simply put, it asks you to become an active researcher into your own life, work and organisation. You will be encouraged to experience with your activites and approaches at work, in response to the topics raised on the programme.
Each workshop includes some time in small peer learning groups and in the whole group, helping you become clearer about the questions that lie at the heart of the work you wish to do in the world.
Our experience is that this combination of approach, sustainability and responsibility topics and the theories of learning, change and leadership is what makes this such a powerful and practical learning opportunity.
Workshop dates 2012-2014
* Workshop 1: 12 - 16 November 2012
* Workshop 2: 21 - 25 January 2013
* Workshop 3: 29 April - 3 May 2013 (Schumacher College, Devon)
* Workshop 4: 01 - 05 July 2013
* Workshop 5: 14 - 18 October 2013
* Workshop 6: 03 - 07 February 2014
* Workshop 7: 12 - 16 May 2014
* Workshop 8: 22 - 26 September 2014 (offsite)
Workshop dates 2013-2015
* Workshop 1: 11-15 November 2013
* Workshop 2: 20-24 January 2014
* Workshop 3: 07-13 April 2014 (Schumacher College, Devon)
* Workshop 4: 23-27 June 2014
* Workshop 5: 13-17 October 2014
* Workshop 6: 26-30 January 2015
* Workshop 7: 11-15 May 2015
* Workshop 8: 21-25 September 2015 (offsite)
The MSc is a demanding modular programme aimed at participants with significant work experience rather than at recent graduates.
Participants will usually hold a first degree or equivalent, though applicants with significant professional experience and no undergraduate degree will also be considered.
The programme is anchored in practice and you will be expected to reflect on and explore your own organisational, community or professional activities between workshops. You will therefore need to demonstrate that you can provide settings in which such exploration can take place.
Appropriate TOEFL/IELTS scores may be required for those whose first language is not English.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!