Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The programme offers a balanced combination of theory and practice modules.
Part one consists of: three compulsory modules: Theory of Translation, Research Skills and Methods, All Languages Translation Class. The following optional modules are
available: Specialised Translation modules: (Literary translation, Politics and Administration, Business and Law, Scientific and Technical Translation, Medical and
Pharmaceutical Translation, Subtitling), History of European Translation, Translation of
Minority Languages, Translation and European Cultures, Translation and Adaptation in the Arts, and a Training Placement module.
Part two of the course requires either a research-based dissertation of 20,000 words or an annotated translation project comprising a translation of approximately 8,000 words in the source text and 12,000 words of reflective commentary.
Special features of this course:
* The programme complies with the guidelines for the European Masters in Translation (EMT) proposed by the European Commission´s Directorate-General for Translation.
* The curriculum is designed to offer training in translation that is normally applicable to any source and target-language pairing.
* The programme is aimed at students wishing to pursue a career as professional translators in the European community (public and private sectors) or are interested in translation as a basis to pursue a PhD in such disciplines as Translation Studies, Comparative Literature, Cultural Studies or History.
* Introduction to translation technology.
* A training placement module (optional).
A minimum 2:1 degree classification or equivalent qualification.
Suitable for graduates in language, translation studies, literature and disciplines broadly conceived to have humanities focus.
|CAE score:||75 (Grade B)|
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.