Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This is the only University accredited course in Ireland in Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and has been running for 11 years. It is a three year part time course that aims to provide a sound comprehensive theoretical base for the practice of Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. It has academic, practical and personal components.
The training criteria are based on those of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and in addition to the MSc, graduates would be eligible for the European Certificate of Psychotherapy given by the European Association of Psychotherapy.
The aim of this course is to provide in-depth training to mental health professionals working with emotionally and behaviourally disturbed children and adolescents.
The course is part-time over three years and has an in-take every three years.
There are four components:
* lectures/seminars one day per week for the academic year;
* supervised treatment of children and adolescents;
* observation of normal infant at home weekly for two years;
* and personal psychotherapy.
Assessment is based on evaluation by case supervisor, written examination, infant observation paper, dissertation and viva voce.
Applicants will need to hold:
* at least a 2.1 honors degree from an Irish university or equivalent result from a university in another country
* a fluent command of the English language
English language requirements:
* IELTS: Grade 6.5
* TOEFL: 88 iBT, 230-computer based, 570 paper based
* Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English: Grade C
* Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English: Grade C
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|80 (Grade A)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||570|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||88|