|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Student interaction:||Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments|
|Teacher support:||Continuous support with feedback on request|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This e-Learning course aims to produce competent, reflective and self-managing medical educators. Participants can expect to:
* Achieve a sound knowledge and understanding of principles and practice of adult learning
* Relate knowledge and understanding to practical educational needs in the health professions
* Develop professional skills in applying educational knowledge to practice
* Well established courses with multi-professional participants
* Modular taught e-learning course with full- and part-time learning options
* Online tutor support throughout the programme
* Assessment linked to practice
* Accredited by the UK Higher Education Academy and the Academy of Medical Educators
The Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert), Diploma (PgDip) and MSc in Medical Education form an e-Learning course offering build up of study credit via a three-stage progressive course, delivered online. The course will improve participants' understanding of educational principles and approaches and their ability to apply them in educational contexts. This course will appeal to those who wish to have a flexible approach to study at a distance and who also have access to good internet facilities.
The PgCert stage of the course takes one year to complete and amounts to 60 credits. Available modules include:
* Induction Module
* Learning and Teaching in Clinical Education
* Educational Media and Technologies
* Assessing Learning
* Peer Review of Teaching
The PgDip stage of the course takes one year to complete and amounts to 60 credits. Available modules include:
* Evaluating Courses
* Research Skills
* Practical Teaching Portfolio
* Contemporary Issues
The MSc stage of the course is the development and production of the dissertation, and amounts to 60 credits:
* Dissertation Module
The course is suitable for all health professionals who have teaching, assessment and related educational responsibilities, such as teachers, trainers, educational supervisors, course co-ordinators, clinical and college tutors.
Applicants should also hold an initial degree from an approved University, or other qualification/proof of educational ability.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IELTS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|193 (Grade B)|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.