|Application deadline:||EU applicants: July 01 (application period starts on April 15); non-EU applicants: April 15 (application period starts on January 01)|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The international Master Programme Hydrogeology and Environmental Geoscience (HEG) at the University of Göttingen conveys modern know-how in the fields of integrated water resources management, contaminant transport in the subsurface and groundwater in fractured systems.
Special attention is given to practical and quantitative approaches: e.g. saltwater intrusion; usage of alternative water resources (artificial recharge); environmental monitoring and remediation; water pollution control; contaminant treatment technologies; systems, surface and groundwater modelling. Emphasis is placed on water scarcity problems in semi-arid regions and developing countries.
The tuition programme is presented by an international experienced and interdisciplinary team of lecturers from universities, private companies, research institutes and governmental institutions. Tuition includes lectures, field/laboratory work and case studies.
The course is composed of obligatory modules, 6 basic (46 credits) followed by 6 advanced (44 credits). The course is divided into 3 semester to complete the master thesis under supervision. The topic of the master thesis can either be consultancy or research oriented. The assessment of the course is in accordance with European Credit Transfer System. Credit points, assessed by examination or course work, will be awarded for each module.
* General Tools (9 credits)
* Geology (6 credits)
* Hydrology (7 credits)
* Hydrogeology I (6 credits)
* Hydrogeology II (6 credits)
* Geophysics (4 credits)
* Hydro(geo)chemistry (8 credits)
* Systems Modeling (5 credits)
* Groundwater Modeling (6 credits)
* Geothermal Energy (7 credits)
* Water Pollution Control and Environment (8 credits)
* Environmental Monitoring and Remediation (7 credits)
* Integrated Water Resources Management (11 credits)
The course aim is to prepare its participants for professional work as hydrogeologists, water resources or environmental experts, in research, consulting or administration in the public or private sector.
* Admission conditions: Bachelor B.Sc.(Geoscience, natural or engineering sciences) Language: English (international English certificate)
* Admission: restricted (applications to the faculty), selection interview
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|