|Application deadline:||1st of August|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014, September 2015|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|More information:||Go to university website|
|Student interaction:||Online group works/assignments|
|Teacher support:||Continuous support with feedback on request|
Masters of the Business Management Programme obtain scientific and analytical skills in business and capabilities to manage and administer and to modernize business qualitatively on the base of modern technologies and the usage of achievements in international management, upholding business competitiveness. Exclusive attention in the program is paid to business internationalization, economic development in EU expansion, as well as to the development of management and independent creative work skills under growing competition and risk environment.
Study programme aims:
1. Invoking modern technologies and innovative business organization techniques for the creation of goods and services, which would allow using limited resources to generate the maximum benefit to the consumer and make sure proper return for the producer and to develop the activity the way processed researches and made business decisions would determine the country's financial independence, sustainability of social and economical development, would be a valid tool to make sure the national security.
2. Relating business development strategies on mutual links with the implementation of innovative technologies in business and public sector seeking to achieve effective economical cooperation with foreign countries and to increase the country's prestige and competitiveness in accordance with the development principles of balanced technologies in all spheres of life.
3. To train the specialists of financial engineering, capable of performing the financial analysis, financial decision search and financial development strategies' preparation tasks solving the problems of business and public sector subjects' development and project management, applying the modern instruments and possibilities of informatics and mathematics.
4. To prepare Informational Activities Management professionals with a comprehensive approach to information and communication technologies and development opportunities created by ICT; able to solve tasks of informational activities management, knowledge management, information and its' risk management problems; able to make decisions concerning business information systems design and implementation; capable to compete in high-skilled labor market.
5. To train the professionals of investment priorities search, investment decision generation and management, capable of performing researches on adjustment of current possibilities with future demands and preparing the implementation projects with the help of scientific knowledge. Also, the specialists should be able to see, understand and forecast the ways and methods of economic resources attraction.
6. To provide for business management students knowledge and abilities, needed to independently perform difficult marketing activity and manage marketing function implementation in different business sectors companies, in context of business needs determined by contemporary science and technology progress, internationalisation processes and competition.
7. To educate high quality graduates of organizations management, having knowledge system ns, empowering to apply theoretical and practical knowledge in management, to take strategic management decisions of organizations functioning and development, to compete in high quality labour force market. Specialists of organizations management will be capable to analyse strategic alternatives using elements of strategic thinking and strategic management, to design situations and foresee actions of competitors, to analyse business establishment possibilities, to adopt modern knowledge of business and public sector development for creation of new organizations, to initiate positive changes in organizations using effective quality control methods.
8. To provide for business management students knowledge and abilities, needed to independently perform difficult international economical and business relations activities and manage services in different business sectors, engaged in those activities, in context of business needs determinded by contemporary science and technology progress, internationalisation processes and competition.
9. To train the highly qualified and possessing universal abilities master degree professionals of business valuation and value management and insurance, capable of conducting various business valuations applying scientific results in business valuation and value management and insurance fields, also being able of create and implement business management models, guaranteeing efficiency of resources utilization as well as business safety.
10. To train the specialists being able to evaluate not only business, but also public activity results applying scientific knowledge and methods, calculating value or utility indicators, and being able to measure the resources used in that activity with the help of the same indicators. An important knowledge and abilities component of the trained master professionals will be the perception of how the value creation process should detect the interested subject.
Courses with nine chosen freely from the proposed program of study.
Course aim - to teach business English with the emphasis on business English comprehension and communication skills.
Grammar revision. Grammatical structures. Idioms, phraseological verbs. Presentations on the speciality topics. Mastering business terminology. Business literature - its reading, analysis, summarization, discussions.
Teaching and using of English grammar, reading and comprehension skills of business language in international environment is being tackled. Students are being acquainted with grammar rules, are being assigned reading exercises and using tests for progress self-estimation.
The Management Theories
Course aim - theoretical knowledge and practical skills for self-sufficient work and activities in the area of Management.
Contents of the management. Problems and priorities of the management. Management theories, their structure and classification. Business management. Public management. Functions and methods of the management. Entrepreneurship. Enterprises and their management. Organizations and institutions and their management. Management decisions and decisions making in the enterprises and institutions. Application of the management theories. Human resourse management. Innovation management. Operation management. Strategic management.
Theoretical and practical knowledge in modern management.
Basic of Research Work
Course aim - the purpose is to provide knowledge about scientific research methods and preparation of scientific research report.
Present the nature of scientific research its basic approach, fundamental principles, techniques and guidelines that can be useful in various research fields (the peculiarities of research planning and identifying most relevant methodology in particular case; the main methods of the research such as statistical methods of data-processing, qualitative and quantitative methods of investigation). Present the rules and standards for running and presenting the results of the research (overview the analyzing, interpreting and reporting data techniques).
Knowledge about general principles, techniques, and guidelines of scientific research, that can be useful in various research fields. Ability of choose methods and techniques for the research and ability to write report of scientific research.
Standards of Ethics and Professionalism
Course aim is to present students with the ways and the means of raising the ethical level of the organization and the peculiarities of international business communication and cooperation.
The main categories of ethics. Relation between professional and universal ethics. Main concepts in business ethics. Culture and ethics of a business organization. Problems of ethics in business; level of analysis and classification. Moral and social responsibilities of a business organization. Problems of macroethics and microethics in business. Non -standard situations and their solution. Business organization and its ethical standards. Ethical standards of professional activity. Ways of a means of raising ethical level of an organization. Etiquette and ethical standards of multicultural cooperation and communication.
Ability to recognize the ethical problems which are caused by the economical activity of business organizations and awareness of possible solutions.
Engineering of Profit and Risk
Course aim - introduction to risk and return interrelationship, financial instruments' yield calculation and management, problems and methods of company's debt and capital management.
The concept of risk and return; risk evaluation process; the structure of risk of a single asset and portfolio; interrelationship of risk and required return. Risk of a portfolio. Capital Asset Pricing Model and risk of a financial instrument. Capital structure and risk and return. Risk management and derivatives. Estimations of companies.
To identify the risk of financial instrument and to apply risk management technique; to choose appropriate company's capital and debt structure and to know the evaluation methods of company's activities.
Applied Business Economics
Module aim is to highlight how economic knowledge can be applied for accomplishing business activity.
In the course development of business in global economy is highlighted. Development of contemporary economies structures is discussed, i.e. changing role of goods-producing industries and service business, growth of e-commerce are being tackled. Forms of international cooperation, such as mergers and acquisitions, international trade and its conditions are being analyzed. State policy and its impact on business conditions are elaborated. Special attention is being paid to innovative activity.
Knowledge about contemporary business development specifics is provided; abilities to apply theoretical statements in practice are horned.
The aim of this module is to teach students to analyse and evaluate regulated intercourses of business law.
This course analysis: rules of law which regulate relations settled in business; subjects of business law, their legal aspect; company establishment, activity, reorganization, liquidation. Several business contracts are researched in the course and students are introduced into aspects of EU business law.
Abilities to orient in business environment and its legal reglamentation.
Managerial Information Technology
Course aim - to provide knowledge about IT implementation opportunities in management and train to control this process.
Tendency of information technology evoliution. Strategical prospect of fhem. Internet technology. Strategical concept of managerial information technology. Establishment of efficient processes of ITT. Analysis of ITT strategy. Managerial ITT policy making. Strategical planning of managerial ITT.
To provide knowledges about trends of IT development and use in business posibilities. To educate abilities to form IT application strategies and to realize them.
Course aim - theoretical knowledge and practical skills for self-sufficient work and activities in the area of Marketing Theory and its use.
Marketing strategy as complex system of strategic decisions. Marketing strategy creation and realization principles and methods. Cases of marketing strategies creation and realization, diversity of them. Product marketing strategy. Enterprise marketing strategy. Institution and organization marketing strategy. International marketing strategies. International competition as most important factor of decision making in the process of international strategy creation. Strategic decisions making in the areas of market, product, technologies, human resource development as basic in the system of marketing strategy creation. Theoretical models and positive practical experiences of the marketing strategies creation. Imitation models and optimization and forecasting methods as instrument for marketing strategies creation.
Theoretical knowledge and research abilities in the marketing strategic planning.
Course aim - theoretical knowledge and practical skills for self-sufficient work and activities in the area of International Management.
Contents of the international management. Problems and priorities of the international management. International management theories, their structure and classification. International business management. International public management. Functions and methods of the international management. International entrepreneurship. International enterprises and their management. International organizations and institutions and their management. Multicultural and intercultural management. Management decisions and decisions making in the international enterprises and institutions. Application of the international management theories.
Theoretical and practical knowledge in modern international management.
Theory of Organization
Course aim - to lecture on different approaches to organization theory, its assessment aspects and to reason its formation and reorganization possibilities.
Significance of Theory of Organization (TO). Main classical and contemporary approaches to TO. Essence of situational approach to TO. Dimensions of external and internal size of organization, production structures, its' quantitative evaluation and interrelation. Possibilities of application of approaches to TO for structuring and reorganization of organizations.
Fundamental classical and modern approaches to the organization's theory. The essence of the situational approach to the organization's theory. Criticism of the situational approach to the company's theory and it's development prospects. The possibilities of application of the situational and other approaches in order to form the company's structure as well as restructure it. The calculations concerning the sizes and ather strukture alaments of the company's (specialization of the company's management system, it's configuration, decision making, delegation and formalization) and their applicat.
International Business Management
Course aim - theoretical knowledge and practical skills for self-sufficient work and activities in the area of International Business Management.
Context of the international business management. Problems and priorities of the international business management. Theories of the international business management, their structure and classification. International business management processes, the main elements of them. International business planning. Innovation strategies. Technology transfer. International business administration . International trade and international investment in the structure of the international business system. International transport and logistic. Customs and insurance system. International business and globalization processes. Economic, political, legal, social, cultural aspects of the international business management.
Complex theoretical and practical knowledge of international business management, capacity to investigate the phenomena of international business and to carry out management functions.
Course aim - to provide knowledge how possibility of economical interpretation can be used in technical decisions. To teach students how they should evaluate financial and economical results of engineering activities, using special criteria of optimization.
The course is for students who are introduced with basic economical and financial program; the following problematic questions stipulated by contemporary technological evolution are risen during the course: Is a new wave of technology harmonized with the rules of modern economical game? Do high technologies require growing and permanent investments as well as vast rising of production productivity not in contradiction with traditional market mechanisms? Trying to answer these questions the main principals of economical model described by technical systems should be introduced. Accounting fundamentals and financial mathematics base economical analysis as well as theory of alternative simulation and project analysis. Results of the theories, spreadsheets and derivates of economical criteria are adopted shaping technical investment, production property, depreciation and amortization analysis methods and principles of stock formation.
Students acquire knowledge of technological decisions evaluation using cost optimization or profit maximization criterias; get skills at understanding engineering activity in the context of projective thinking and evaluating.
Course aim - theoretical knowledge for self-sufficient work in the orea of innovation.
Contents of innovation theories, system and classification of them. Creation, dissemination and realization of innovations. Innovations activities as complex processes, their structure, priorities and models. Social, economic, technological, psychological, ecological accepts of innovation. Innovation management, its models. Innovations in the various areas of the business and public sector. Creative work and initiative as the main elements of the innovations processes. Motivations in the innovations system. Supporting of innovation, supporting innovations infrastructure. Innovation marketing. Innovation theories and the aspects of their modernization. Innovations and globalisation and market internationalisation. Innovations and information technologies. Innovations and information society. Innovations and environment.
Knowledge in modern innovation theories.
Economics and management of the high technologies sector
Course aim - theoretical knowledge and practical skills in economics and management of the high technologies sector.
High technologies sector, its development problems. Informatics, mechatronics, nanotechnologies, biotechnologies, another high technologies sectors. Economics and management of the high technologies sector. High technologies sector in the EU.
Complex theoretical knowledge and practical skills in economics and management of high technologies sector.
Course aim - theoretical knowledge and practical skills for self-sufficient work and activities in the area of International Economy.
Contents of international economics. International economics as science. International economy as research object and as practical activities. Theory of international economy (International economics theory). Classical and modern, inc. neoclassical international economics theories. The main definition of international economics, the most important problems and priorities of scientific and practical research. World, global and international economics. The main elements of international economy. International fiancé and monetary system. International investment. International cooperation in the area of science and technology. Regulation of international economy development. The main regulation instruments and methods. International Monetary Fund, international banking. International cooperation and development projects. International competition. International labor and capitals markets. Practical realization of the theoretical models of international economy.
Theoretical and practical knowledge in modern international economics.
Course aim - to get understanding of financial system role in the economy, to provide knowledge of financial system functions and financial instruments.
The importance of financial system in the economics. Financial instruments. Financial markets. Financial institutions. Motives for financial system actives. Financial innovations.
Get knowledge about financial system role in the economy, financial system instruments and functions. Form analitical abilities of financial planning, forecasting and financial decision making.