Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Reasons to studyMSc Accounting & Finance at Aberdeen
1. Our programme is taught by specialist staff drawn fromthe fields of Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Management.Members of the teaching teamare internationally regarded academics in their own field of expertise.
2. Our programme is specifically designed for graduates who would like a career in the area of accounting and/or finance. You will develop a strong foundation in the principles and practise of accounting and finance as well as an understanding of the analytical tools required to make appropriate financial decisions. This is particularly important given on-going complex developments in the structure of the global financial environment.
3. Our MSc students develop the theoretical and practical skills that are necessary for entering a career in accountancy and/or finance. There is also the opportunity to develop the skills to identify appropriate qualitative and quantitative tools for the analysis of issues in different areas of accountancy and finance.
4. Students will benefit from studying at a traditional UK university, which has been disseminating knowledge and understanding of key concepts and practises for over 500 years.
5. Students will be able to build global connections through our international student base and Alumni network.
Our Accountancy & Finance programme prepares graduates for careers in areas such as:
Investment, commercial and retail banking;
Accountancy and financial management;
Corporate finance and planning;
Any specialism requiring an in-depth understanding of accountancy and finance.
In addition, a number of our graduates have since embarked upon PhD research degrees
Programme Structure & Content
The programme is based on core modules and a dissertation.
Accounting - An introduction to Accounting, which enables students to develop technical skills and an understanding of financial statement analysis. Students are also introduced to the relationship between the theory and practice of accounting and contemporary issues in financial accounting.
Introductory Econometrics For Finance - A introduction to statistics and econometrics where the focus is on the intuitive development of basic quantitative tools which will enable empirical analyses of financial data and will also provide students with practical computer-based skills.
Macroeconomics For Finance - An introduction to techniques of macroeconomic modelling and the use of quantitative and modelling techniques found in the academic and professional open-economy macroeconomics and finance literature in order to provide the economic context in which financial markets and institutions operate.
Issues In Corporate Finance - Knowledge and skills in corporate finance are essential for individuals entering theworld of business focussing on themany aspects of corporate finance. Key financial decisions can determine the success (or otherwise) of a company; therefore, knowledge of how to finance investment projects is essential in order to achieve success. This course offers students the opportunity to become well equipped in corporate finance puzzles and issues and offers an excellent grounding for the development of a career in corporate finance.
International Accounting - This course provides valuable knowledge for students about the global accounting environment. It also enables graduates to develop a comprehensive understanding of thework of the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and provides a firm foundation for those contemplating careers in business, where good knowledge of international accounting standards is essential.
Portfolio Analysis And Management - Knowledge and understanding of the predictions of modern finance theory and the evaluation and analyses of actual and potential investments through portfolio analysis techniques. The aimis to develop students capacity to interpret and use financial information in an environmentwhere the decision-making process revolves around howinvestorsmake choices between
Securities Investment Regulations And Practice - Provides students with the capacity to understand the forces governing financial behaviour in contemporary securities with the focus on the impact of financial regulation and providing the techniques and analytical tools for the analysis of financial statements.
Dissertation - Candidates write on a topic suggested by staff and drawn from areas examined in the programme.
Teaching & Assessment
The programme is delivered via a mixture of lectures, seminars and small group tutorials. Most modules are assessed by examination and coursework
The minimum requirements are a good first degree (equivalent to a British second class Honours degree). Evidence of English Language Proficiency is also required. For more information on entry requirements please contact email@example.com.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!