Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The aims are associated with different components of advanced professional practice and postgraduate study.
* Critical evaluation and application of advanced professional knowledge and understanding
* Commitment to critical self-evaluation and development
* Enhanced and highly effective professional performance
* Personal and professional commitment to an extended professional role and wider professional vision
* Advocacy of change and professional action aimed at the development and improvement of practice
* Development of professional values and knowledge through reflective and evidence-based practice
* Working with others to bring about change and improvement to practice
* Bridging theory and practice, and critically applying and challenging research findings
This is available as an e-learning, face to face and mixed mode programme. PROGRAMME LENGTH
* MEd 180 credits
* PgDip 120 credits
* PgCert 60 credits
The programme is comprised of:
* One 30 credit points compulsory module summatively assessed by an assignment with a developmental focus - Professional Perspectives in Education
* One 30 credit points core module summatively assessed by an assignment with a developmental focus - Education: Principles into Practice
* One 30 credit point option module drawn from a bank of approved titles, each summatively assessed by an assignment with a developmental focus.
* One 30 credit point compulsory module* - Professional Enquiry - summatively assessed by an assignment that links theoretical concepts with professional action.
* One 60 credit point Work-based Project. The assignment must demonstrate that the project is located within an appropriate theoretical framework, shaped by research methodology and employs rigorous methods for data collection and evaluation.
* Participants will be required to maintain a CPD Portfolio and Journal over the course of their studies.
* Core and Option modules (with the exception of Professional Perspectives in Education) may be achieved by preparation of a claim for Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) up the equivalent of 3 double modules (90 credit points).
* Under normal circumstances, all participants will be expected to undertake the Professional Enquiry module. Those who have equivalent experience of research may substitute another elective 30 credit point module.
Formative assessment is a feature of all courses. Formative and summative assessments are designed to arise naturally from the work. Assignments focus directly on workplace applications.
Applicants will normally be graduates or be able to provide evidence that they can work at postgraduate level. They must have previous relevant experience and be able to undertake studies and related developments in their workplace setting or other appropriate agency. They must have a Chartered Teacher Programme eligibility certificate which they obtain from the GTCS.
The English Language Requirement for all College of Arts and Social Sciences Masters programmes is an IELTS of 6.5 with 6.0 in the writing and reading (or equivalent TOEFL iBT or PTE). For more information see
This programme has been accredited by the GTCS.
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contact persons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.