|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Duration full-time:||8 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Coaching is a process which supports individuals, groups and teams to move forward; it is proactive and focused on solutions and the future. Coaching is a rapidly growing form of development and is used by 71% of firms (CIPD Survey April 2008).
Our Postgraduate Certificate Course in Coaching provides an opportunity for managers, aspiring managers and others with an interest in coaching to develop and enhance their skills and knowledge of corporate coaching, people management and development from the basis of current theory and research.
Coaching is increasing in popularity, particularly as it is recognised as delivering both individual and organisational benefits.
* The rapidly evolving business environment and structural features of modern organisations coaching helps individuals to adjust to workplace changes
* The requirement for targeted, individualised, just-in-time development coaching is a flexible way of meeting individual needs at a time and place which is convenient for individuals
* Improved decision making by senior employees a coach can be used as an objective sounding board for senior employees to explore ideas and issues
* Enhanced responsibility for development coaching helps individuals to take responsibility for their personal and professional development
* Support for other learning and development initiatives coaching helps support the transfer of other skill and behavioural development activities to the workplace.
PgCert 6 - 8 Months part-time
The programme aims to develop a robust knowledge and in-depth understanding of the theory and application of coaching and how this can have an impact on an organisation to maximise individual and organisational performance. The modules will take place at the University of Aberdeen Kings College Campus on 6 Saturdays from 9am 5pm.
The programme will cover:
* The theory and practice of coaching
* Models of coaching
* Core coaching skills
* Values and beliefs, challenging mindsets
* Coaching in the workplace
* Practical applications of coaching
Students will be required to deliver a brief presentation, prepare a critical study paper based on an in-depth study of an aspect of coaching and its application within organisations, and to critically evaluate the coaching approaches undertaken through a case study of a particular client (with the clients agreement.)
A degree at second class honours or above. Alternative equivalent qualifications and experience as may be approved by the Academic Standards Committee (Postgraduate) will also be considered.
All applicants should have some professional experience as demonstrated by one of the following, and in addition, in the absence of a second class Honours degree, the applicant should be able to identify some academic work which has been undertaken which testifies to his / her ability to profit from the postgraduate level of work associated with the Certificate in Coaching.
* Two years line management / supervisory experience
* Two years staff management experience (HR department)
* Designated trainee in Company management development scheme
It is expected that applicants will be able to identify individuals who are willing to act as clients for the practical coaching, either from the workplace or other sources. Students whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of English Language proficiency. This usually takes the form of an IELTS or TOEFL score minimum scores, IELTS 7.0 with 6.0 in written; or TOEFL ibt >100 and >21 in writing or Pearson Test of 70 overall with 54 in writing.
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.