|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015, January 2016|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
This programme is aimed at those students who do not wish to select a specialist LLM but who wish to study law at an advanced level. Students are given the opportunity to select a range of course modules from across the LLM specialist degrees.
This provides those students who do not wish to select a specialist LLM to study law at an advanced level.
Students must complete any four courses from within the LLM Programmes (subject to the approval of the LLM Director), a course in research skills and a dissertation.
The four courses may be chosen from the following list:
* LS501C International Energy and Environmental Law
* LS501D Oil and Minerals for Good
* LS501F Energy, Innovation and Law
* LS501H Low Carbon Energy Transition: Renewable Energy Law
* LS501J Criminal Evidence and Proof
* LS5068 The Politics of Human Rights
* LS5072 Climate Change Law and Policy
* LS5076 Oil and Gas Law
* LS5078 The Evolution of International Law in a World of Crises
* LS5081 Maritime Spatial Planning Law
* LS5083 International Commercial Arbitration
* LS5085 International Commercial Arbitration in the Asia Pacific
* LS5089 Private International Law in Business Transactions: Jurisdiction
* LS5092 International Intellectual Property Law
* LS5093 Private International Law: Concepts & Institutions
* LS5094 Competition Law
* LS5095 Comparative and International Insolvency Law
* LS5096 Issues in Criminal Justice
* LS5098 World Trade Organisation: GATT
* LS551A principles of Environmental Regulation
* LS551B Choice of Law for Business
* LS551F The Law of International Organisations
* LS551G International Humanitarian Law
* LS551J Low Carbon Energy Transition: Nuclear Energy and Carbon Capture Storage
* LS551L Corporate Environmental Liability
* LS551M Environmental Concerns Relating to Energy Production
* LS551N Criminological Theories
* LS5543 European Economic Law
* LS5549 The Use of Force International Law
* LS5578 Intellectual Property, Human Rights & Development
* LS5584 Trade Marks and Brand Development
* LS5585 International Investment Arbitration in the Energy Sector
* LS5586 Sustainable Development & Law
* LS5588 International Trade & Finance Law
* LS5589 Private International Law of Family Law
* LS5590 International Human Rights Law
* LS5592 Carriage of Goods by Sea
* LS5594 Downstream Energy Law
* LS5595 Commercialising Innovation and Law
* LS5597 International Criminal Law
Prospective applicants should note, however, that the specialist Oil & Gas Law course modules on offer within the LLM Oil & Gas Law programme itself (LS501E and LS551K)are not available to General Law students. Instead, a module is offered which covers a range of Oil & Gas Law issues which are relevant to non-specialist lawyers.
Normally a 2(i) Honours degree in Law (or another discipline) or equivalent.
The English Language Requirement for all College of Arts and Social Sciences Masters programmes is an IELTS of 6.5 with 6.0 in the writing and reading (or equivalent TOEFL iBT or PTE).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Per 6 April 2015 only the English language tests from IELTS and Trinity College London are accepted for Tier 4 Visa applications to the United Kingdom. Other tests (including TOEFL, TOEIC, Pearson, City & Guilds) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. Since the Trinity College London language tests must be taken in one of their exam centres in the UK, IELTS is now the only language test accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK that can be taken worldwide.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!