|Application deadline:||31 July|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Under the patronage of Cisco Networking Academy Program
The Applied Computer Science faculty educates ICT specialists, and computer system designers and administrators at graduate level. A practical approach to teaching is reflected in practice-oriented courses. As graduate you will be familiar with advanced topics of Computer Science, among others, Computational methods, Computer Modelling and Simulation, Computer System Engineering . You will have abilities and skills to support decision making related to ICT technologies.
You can choose between two fields of study:
* Computer Networks with Cisco courses,
* Software engineering with Microsoft and Oracle courses.
As a graduate of the computer network programme you will how to design, implement maintenance modern information and communication technologies and tools for managing and utilizing global networks, among others, in business. As a graduate of software engineering programme you will be specialist of modern techniques and tools for software development and maintenance.
According to job market analysis number of job positions for software engineers and network specialists is on the top, among others, in IT. Moreover, salary of these specialists is also one of the highest in IT. For example, salary of Network Manager is £45,090 per year in UK and Software Engineer salary is £43,020 per year
Benefits to You
* The study in English gives you a better chance for a career in IT and overcomes the boundaries opening global job market for you.
* The program is adjusted to the job market software engineers and computer network specialists are most wanted on job market
* Authorized trainings: - CCNA and CCNA Security or CCNP are included in study plan in Computer Networks programme, - Microsoft and Oracle are included in study plan in Software Engineering programme.
* Access to specialized laboratories You acquire actual skills.
* Students of this program achieve high results see our students success stories.
* There is an ability to take Cisco, Microsoft and Oracle extra courses.
Every year Cisco company organizes NetRider competition for Cisco Networking Academy students in which you can demonstrate your knowledge and practical skills in computer networks field. In 2012 our students participated in this competition and occupied top positions:
1 Neda Jalilvand, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow
2 Reza Manouchehri Sarhadi, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow ...
5 Vahid Ghafori, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow
6 Pawel Moroz, University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszow
These results confirm very high teaching quality and opportunities of IT study in UTIM.
Documents to be sent by mail:
* Written request directed to Vice President for International Relations, stating the selected degree programme.
* Application form, filled out and duly signed by the candidate (email attachment)
* Curriculum Vitae in English signed by the candidate
* High School document including the final scores of all subjects taken at high school (original together with sworn translation in English or Polish)
* Bachelor diploma (original together with sworn translation in English or Polish)
* Statement issued by the higher education institution saying that a Bachelor diploma entitles its holder to undertake studies at Master level (second-cycle) if such declaration is not stated in the Bachelor diploma
* Academic transcript (original and sworn translation in English or Polish)
* Certificate of English Language Proficiency (for a full list of accepted certificated please go to: requirement does not concern those applicants for whom English is either the native language or was the instruction language at school.
* Copy of passport (page with personal data)
* Clause confirming that the university, which issued the diploma is listed by the Ministry of Education as an institution authorized to grant bachelor degree
* Health certificate including a clause that the student is in good health and is capable of commencing studies
* 1 Photograph
* Declaration duly signed by the candidate stating that the Bachelor diploma has never been a subject of nostrification procedure in any higher education institution in Poland
English Language Requirements
On the basis of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education from 12th October 2006 on undertaking and continuing studies and trainings by foreigners, students wishing to pursue their studies in English in Poland are required to present the certificate to prove their knowledge of the English language.
The requirement doesnt concern those applicants for whom English is their native language or was their instruction language at school.
List of accepted certificates:
* First certificate in English (FCE), Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage - with at least Pass, Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher, Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT) - certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
* International English Language Testing System IELTS - above 6 credits - certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, the British Council and Education Australia.
* Certificate in English Language Skills (CELS) - Vantage (B1) and Higher (C1).
* Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - at least 510 points from the Paper-based test (Computer-based at least 180 points) and at least 3,5 points from the written work - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA.
* English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level - issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute)
* International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) - "Communicator", "Expert" and "Mastery" levels - issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute).
* Spoken English Test (SET) for Business - Stage B "Communicator", Stage C "Expert", Stage C "Mastery" - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
* English for Business Communications (EBC) - Level 2, Level 3 - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
* English for Office Skills (EOS) - Level 2 - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
* Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) - at least 700 points from the test - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA.
* London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI): English for Business Level 2, English for Business Level 3, English for Business Level 4 - certificates issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board.
* London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) - Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE) - certificate issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board.
* B2 Certificate in English - adVantage, B2 Certificate in English for Business purposes - adVantage, Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2) - TELC examinations (The European Language Certificates) administered by the WBT (Weiterbildungstestsysteme GmbH).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||510|
Tuition Fees Discounts, Scholarships and Bursaries
* Students whose previous year GPA (grade point average) is higher than 4.0 are eligible for discounts on tuition fees. Additionally, they are eligible for research scholarships and bursaries.
* UITM offers Scholarships to the best international students!