Under the patronage of Cisco Networking Academy Program
The Applied Computer Science faculty educates ICT specialists, and computer system designers and administrators at graduate level. A practical approach to teaching is reflected in practice-oriented courses.
As graduate you will be familiar with advanced topics of Computer Science, among others, Computational methods, Computer Modelling and Simulation, Computer System Engineering . You will have abilities and skills to support decision making related to ICT technologies.
You can choose between two fields of study:
- Computer Networks with Cisco courses,
- Software engineering technologies with Microsoft and Oracle courses.
As a graduate of the computer network programme you will how to design, implement maintenance modern information and communication technologies and tools for managing and utilizing global networks, among others, in business. As a graduate of software engineering programme you will be specialist of modern techniques and tools for software development and maintenance.
According to job market analysis number of job positions for software engineers and network specialists is on the top, among others, in IT. Moreover, salary of these specialists is also one of the highest in IT. For example, salary of Network Manager is £45,090 per year in UK and Software Engineer salary is £43,020 per year
Documents to be sent by mail:
- Written request directed to Vice President for International Relations, stating the selected degree programme.
- Application form, filled out and duly signed by the candidate (email attachment)
- Curriculum Vitae in English signed by the candidate
- High School document including the final scores of all subjects taken at high school (original together with sworn translation in English or Polish)
- Bachelor diploma (original together with sworn translation in English or Polish)
- Statement issued by the higher education institution saying that a Bachelor diploma entitles its holder to undertake studies at Master level (second-cycle) if such declaration is not stated in the Bachelor diploma
- Academic transcript (original and sworn translation in English or Polish)
- Certificate of English Language Proficiency (for a full list of accepted certificated please go to: http://en.wsiz.rzeszow.pl/english_language_requirements.htmThe requirement does not concern those applicants for whom English is either the native language or was the instruction language at school.
- Copy of passport (page with personal data)
- Clause confirming that the university, which issued the diploma is listed by the Ministry of Education as an institution authorized to grant bachelor degree
- Health certificate including a clause that the student is in good health and is capable of commencing studies
- 1 Photograph
- Declaration duly signed by the candidate stating that the Bachelor diploma has never been a subject of nostrification procedure in any higher education institution in Poland
English Language Requirements
On the basis of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education from 12th October 2006 on undertaking and continuing studies and trainings by foreigners, students wishing to pursue their studies in English in Poland are required to present the certificate to prove their knowledge of the English language.
The requirement doesnt concern those applicants for whom English is their native language or was their instruction language at school.
List of accepted certificates:
- First certificate in English (FCE), Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage - with at least Pass, Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher, Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT) - certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
- International English Language Testing System IELTS - above 6 credits - certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, the British Council and Education Australia.
- Certificate in English Language Skills (CELS) - Vantage (B1) and Higher (C1).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - at least 510 points from the Paper-based test (Computer-based at least 180 points) and at least 3,5 points from the written work - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level - issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute)
- International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) - "Communicator", "Expert" and "Mastery" levels - issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute).
- Spoken English Test (SET) for Business - Stage B "Communicator", Stage C "Expert", Stage C "Mastery" - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
- English for Business Communications (EBC) - Level 2, Level 3 - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
- English for Office Skills (EOS) - Level 2 - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) - at least 700 points from the test - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA.
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI): English for Business Level 2, English for Business Level 3, English for Business Level 4 - certificates issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board.
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) - Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE) - certificate issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board.
- B2 Certificate in English - adVantage, B2 Certificate in English for Business purposes - adVantage, Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2) - TELC examinations (The European Language Certificates) administered by the WBT (Weiterbildungstestsysteme GmbH).
FOR NON EU MEMBERS (6 semesters):
1750 Euro per semester!
A candidate is required to pay 2650 Euro
for the beginning of study in one installment
- 150 Euro Application Fee (Application fee is not refundable) ;
- 1750 Euro Tuition fee for first semester ;
- 750 Euro Excess payment (It will be booked as the first installment for the next semester tuition fee);
FOR EU MEMBERS AND ARMENIA, AZERBAIJAN, BELARUS, GEORGIA, KAZAKHSTAN, KYRGYZSTAN, MOLDAVIA, RUSSIA, TAJIKISTAN, TURKMENISTAN, UKRAINE, UZBEKISTAN (6 semesters) :
750* or 805 PLN per month (10 months in year)
A candidate is required to pay 1030 PLN in one installment in advance.
The payment includes:
- 750 PLN Tuition fee for one month,
- 280 PLN Application Fee.
The above payment does not include the accommodation and living costs!
*Tuition fee reduction! If you pass a semester in the first attempt, you will get a tuition fee reduction amounting to PLN 275 (PLN 55 per month) in the following semester.
English Language Requirements
There is a possibility of obtaining a scholarship but not earlier than after the first semester. It depends on a student’s GPA and the total number of students applying for the same scholarship.
The student can apply for a scholarship for academic merit after fulfilling the following entry requirements:
a) they obtained all credits in the previous semester with an average grade at least 4.0 (B);
b) in the previous academic year they retook only one exam.