Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||31 July|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
This program offers training in the use of management tools in the hospitality field. Issues of hospitality management are presented in the context of general economic knowledge. Students acquire communication skills in relating to internal and external customers; they learn how to use hospitality management systems in hotels and restaurants, and they become familiar with methods of personnel management.
Graduates obtain a Master's Degree in Hospitality Management and perform higher managerial functions, specifically in hotels and restaurants.
A practical approach to teaching is reflected in the practice oriented coursework:
* Macroeconomics illustrates basic principles combined with the experience of real life case studies,
* Statistics provides a balance between statistics theory and application,
* Accounting deals with the application of accounting concepts and principles to real life business situations,
* Introductory Computer Sciences is organized according to the see-hear-touch approach;
* lectures are accompanied by workshops in computer labs,
* Social Policy trains skills in social policy analysis through application of an analytical framework to the existing social policy programs,
* Business Plan is based on the extensive use of case studies covering various business areas,
* Negotiations provide students with the applications and special negotiating scenarios (multiple parties, coalitions and teams, cross-cultural negotiations, tacit negotiations and social dilemmas).
Students are offered internships.
Documents to be sent by mail:
* Written request directed to Vice President for International Relations, stating the selected degree programme.
* Application form, filled out and duly signed by the candidate (email attachment)
* Curriculum Vitae in English signed by the candidate
* High School document including the final scores of all subjects taken at high school (original together with sworn translation in English or Polish)
* Bachelor diploma (original together with sworn translation in English or Polish)
* Statement issued by the higher education institution saying that a Bachelor diploma entitles its holder to undertake studies at Master level (second-cycle) if such declaration is not stated in the Bachelor diploma
* Academic transcript (original and sworn translation in English or Polish)
* Certificate of English Language Proficiency (for a full list of accepted certificated please go to: The requirement does not concern those applicants for whom English is either the native language or was the instruction language at school.
* Copy of passport (page with personal data)
* Clause confirming that the university, which issued the diploma is listed by the Ministry of Education as an institution authorized to grant bachelor degree
* Health certificate including a clause that the student is in good health and is capable of commencing studies
* 1 Photograph
* Declaration duly signed by the candidate stating that the Bachelor diploma has never been a subject of nostrification procedure in any higher education institution in Poland
English Language Requirements
On the basis of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education from 12th October 2006 on undertaking and continuing studies and trainings by foreigners, students wishing to pursue their studies in English in Poland are required to present the certificate to prove their knowledge of the English language.
The requirement doesnt concern those applicants for whom English is their native language or was their instruction language at school.
List of accepted certificates:
* First certificate in English (FCE), Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE), Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage - with at least Pass, Business English Certificate (BEC) Higher, Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT) - certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate and by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
* International English Language Testing System IELTS - above 6 credits - certificates issued by the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, the British Council and Education Australia.
* Certificate in English Language Skills (CELS) - Vantage (B1) and Higher (C1).
* Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - at least 510 points from the Paper-based test (Computer-based at least 180 points) and at least 3,5 points from the written work - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA.
* English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - First Class Pass at Intermediate Level, Higher Intermediate Level, Advanced Level - issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute)
* International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) - "Communicator", "Expert" and "Mastery" levels - issued by City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications (Pitman Qualifications Institute).
* Spoken English Test (SET) for Business - Stage B "Communicator", Stage C "Expert", Stage C "Mastery" - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
* English for Business Communications (EBC) - Level 2, Level 3 - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
* English for Office Skills (EOS) - Level 2 - issued by City & Guilds (City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications).
* Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) - at least 700 points from the test - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA.
* London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI): English for Business Level 2, English for Business Level 3, English for Business Level 4 - certificates issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board.
* London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) - Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE) - certificate issued by the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board.
* B2 Certificate in English - adVantage, B2 Certificate in English for Business purposes - adVantage, Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2) - TELC examinations (The European Language Certificates) administered by the WBT (Weiterbildungstestsysteme GmbH).
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||510|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||180|
NON EU MEMBERS
* UITM offers Scholarships to the best international students!
EU MEMBERS AND UKRAINE, RUSSIA, BELARUS, MOLDAVIA AND KAZACHSTAN
Tuition Fees Discounts, Scholarships and Bursaries
* Students whose previous year GPA (grade point average) is higher than 4.0 are eligible for discounts on tuition fees. Additionally, they are eligible for research scholarships and bursaries.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.