Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||EEA: 1 June, non-EEA: 1 March|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2013|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Biomolecular Sciences is a two-year scientific programme that focuses on the biochemical unity that underlies the biological diversity. Biomolecular Science is a rapidly developing discipline in modern life science. It stands at the crossroads of chemical, biological, physical and computational sciences and focuses on the molecular understanding of cellular function. Anticipating this evolution, this Master programme will focus on the understanding of cellular processes, biological molecules and their interactions. The two year master emphasizes on two particular domains of Biomolecular Sciences: Structural Biology and Biochemistry and Cell- and Developmental Biology.
The Master of Biomolecular Sciences programme aims at training students in new and advanced theoretical and experimental approaches for investigating the properties of cellular processes, biological molecules and their interactions. Strong emphasis is put on performing research, with focus on the training of practical skills, a critical mind and creative scientific reasoning in the field of structural biology and biochemistry and in the field of cell and developmental biology.
Students will have developed:
* advanced knowledge in different aspects of structural biology and biochemistry/ cell and developmental biology, such as: enzymolgy, structure determination of proteins, structure-function and synthesis of biological active (macro)molecules, synthesis and application of fine chemicals, structural bioinformatics, (molecular) immunology and parasitology, developmental biology, molecular evolution, molecular biology, molecular microbiology
* the ability to retrieve and critically evaluate scientific information and evaluate information sources for quality, accuracy, validity and currency
* the skills to independently perform original scientific research in a critical and creative way
* an active command of scientific language (English)
* communication and management skills, enabling them to take a leading position in research and development activities
* knowledge of intellectual properties issues
* the ability to build on existing information to create new knowledge
* knowledge and skills that allows the start of a PhD
The two-year program has a strong emphasis on performing research. Its concept will require full-time attendance and will involve active participation in lectures and discovery-based laboratory work to develop the habits of mind that drive the progress of science. The students will follow a full time program, outlined as follows:
* Two guided self-studies (2 x 5 ETC´s)
* Four advanced courses (4 x 5 ETC´s)
* Three research training rotations (3 x 10 ETC´s)
* One advanced course (5 ETC´s)
* Five electives (5 x 3 ETC´s)
* Research communication and management (10 ETC´s)
* Master thesis (30 ETC´s)
Language: This two-year Master in Biomolecular Science program will be thaught in English.
For admission in the Master of Biomolecular Sciences, students need a Bachelor degree in the area of biology, chemistry, or biomedical sciences or equivalent. Equivalency will be evaluated case by case by the Examination.
In order to be admitted to the program, the students need to be proficient in English or Dutch. A certificate of good command of English is ALWAYS required (except for native speakers).
|CAE score:||75(Grade B)|
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||580|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||237|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||80|
NVAO accredited programme
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.