|Application deadline:||Rolling admissions|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||Any time|
|Credits (ECTS):||60 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Employers are increasingly looking for qualified individuals who possess the sophisticated analytical and technical skills necessary to handle complex transactions in the fast moving, globalised financial markets. A specialist Master degree in Finance and Banking is a qualification highly valued by those who want to pursue a career in the financial services industry and by their potential employers.
CIIMs MSc in Finance and Banking is a rigorous specialist Master programme, which equips participants with an international standard of expertise in corporate finance, banking, investment and financial markets. It is designed to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills required for highly sought-after careers with banks and other financial institutions around the world.
The programme pursues two main objectives: to foster participants analytical understanding of modern finance and banking, in an increasingly internationalized and highly complex financial world, and to enable participants to master decision-making and management skills in a demanding business environment.
This MSc programme aims to offer training in the academic disciplines of finance and banking within a global business context and prepare its graduates for challenging work environments associated with careers in the financial and banking sectors. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge in all aspects of banking and finance, through a multi-disciplinary, innovative and integrative curriculum, taught by a strong team of distinguished faculty and supported by real world business cases and live projects.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants will have developed:
* the knowledge and skills required of financial managers and analysts, operating in an international environment
* an understanding of contemporary financial problems and issues facing international business and banks
* the ability to explore and analyze financial market structures and related issues
* a thorough understanding of financial instruments, financial modelling techniques and how they can be applied in practice
* an understanding of the ways banks use futures, options, derivatives and swaps to manage their balance sheet and off-balance sheet risks.
* understanding of financial risks and ability to assess, analyze and manage risk exposure.
The modular structure of the programme permits considerable flexibility in the time required to complete the programme. Some students are able to finish their degree in less than a year. Others with greater external commitments may require fifteen months and even more. The maximum of time allowed for completion is two years from the date of enrollment. Teaching Method
As with all CIIM programmes, teaching will stress participative exercises and student- teacher interaction.
Sessions will combine:
Work in small groups
Career Opportunities Earning the MSc in Finance and Banking will enhance your career prospects by giving you a head-start in building a career in the very challenging and rewarding financial services and banking industries. At the end of the programme, participants will be qualified to respond to the increasing demand from global and local firms for dedicated professionals with specialised financial knowledge.
Graduates of CIIMs MSc in Finance and Banking acquire specialised skills and competencies that enable them to pursue positions in the following sectors:
* Private and corporate banking
* Investment banking
* Investment advisory and financial services
* Wealth and asset management
* Fund and portfolio management
* Brokerage and foreign exchange
* Risk management and insurance
To graduate, students are required to earn 60 credits
* A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or college with satisfactory grades, or an equivalent professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFA, Chartered Banker Qualification (plus eight years of experience), or IBS General Banking Diploma (plus eight years of experience).
* Proficiency in the English language, evidenced by graduation from an English language institution, or by a satisfactory score in TOEFL (not lower than 550) or other standardized language examination, or by assessment during the personal interview.
* At least three years of work experience (military service counts as work experience).
A personal interview and certificates providing evidence of the above qualifications are used as a basis for evaluating candidates. In cases where applicants have graduated from unfamiliar programmes or universities a GRE/GMAT examination score may be required.
Sign in to find more related scholarships for this programme.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!