|Application deadline:||June 15th: self-financing students|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2015|
|Credits (ECTS):||120 ECTS|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Partnership:|| Erasmus Mundus Scholarship |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
The European Master in Sustainable Regional Health Systems is a two years long interdisciplinary programme of 120 ECTS that aims to give vision, knowledge and tools to develop and manage coherent health systems that contribute both to health and sustainable regional development in their regional communities.
* Adequate understanding of the different areas of knowledge in relation to social factors affecting patients in critical and complex situations. Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of health policies and of alternative health models, their costs and consequences.
* An understanding of the principles, concepts, policies and practicalities at the leading edge of managing progressive health systems and its relevance to broader public policy agendas
* An understanding of the principles, concepts, policies and practicalities at the leading edge of health entrepreneurship and its relevance to science and technology based business.
* The ability to search for alternative solutions with an understanding of the social contexts involved, being aware of the consequences of the option chosen.
* A good ability to communicate at the level of the working team, groups and social networks, and also to plan the institutional communication strategy efficiently.
* A comprehensive vision of the model of management upheld by the institution, being able to develop it and communicate it.
* The ability to adapt quickly to the new situations of a system undergoing constant change.
* Deep awareness of social factors and their impact on the health system.
* The ability to adequately use new information and communication technologies and an understanding of the impact these can have on working health contexts, being able to evaluate this impact, and planning its implementation.
* The ability to adopt values and attitudes placing the patient at the centre, and as the key reference for the work done, developing the different strategies of quality in the health system from this perspective.
* Understanding of the value systems (personal, organisational, professional) that shape decision making in health organisations and markets and how values translate into quality of patient care.
* To enhance attitudes appropriate to promote values of solidarity and commitment with the surrounding community to embed personally in the administration of regional health systems.
Final degree and Career opportunities
At the end of the Masters Course the students will graduate with Joint Masters degree awarded by all Consortium universities and can work as middle and upper level managers in hospitals and health services as well as in regional and national administrative bodies related to public health planning and management in diverse sectors: health insurance, health financing, strategic planning, etc
* 1 st Semester (September-January)
The Introduction workshop (5 ECTS) - Universidad de Deusto (Spain)
Core modules (25 ECTS)
Critical skills set
* Langauge of Instruction - English
* 2 nd Semester (February-July)
Management Modules (30 ECTS)- Corvinus university of Budapest (Hungary)
Trade off between equity and efficiency, 10 ECTS
Delivering progressive health systems, 10 ECTS
Strategic asset management, 10 ECTS
*Language of Instruction-English
* 3rd Semester (September-January) Specialization modules (30 ECTS)
Patient safety and quality issues- University of Verona (Italy)
Quality and the consumer, 10 ECTS
European health legislation processes, 10 ECTS
Managing innovation, 10 ECTS
*Language of Instruction - English
Social aspects of health care- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
Sociological perspectives on population health, 10 ECTS
Health advocacy, 10 ECTS
Managing innovation, 10 ECTS
* Language of Instruction- English
* 4th Semester (February-July) Research project (30 ECTS) - at one of the consortium universities
* A university degree in Sociology, Psychology, Law, Political Science, Anthropology, History, Medicine, Social Work, Social Education, Nursing, Public Health etc, that they want to specialize in the scope of the health.
* Candidates are required to have a recognized qualification in the language of instruction of the university that they plan to attend. Knowledge of languages of the place of study is an asset.
* A sufficient score of one of the following English language certificates (TOEFL, First Certificate, IELTS).
* Statement of intent. Applicants must submit a statement of intent indicating why the Masters is relevant for future carrier.
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.
Fortunately enough I was able to find StudyPortals. Right from the start of the application to getting the confirmation of admission I was using StudyPortals.
Sign up for your personal newsletter and we will help you too.
We will send you all the information you need to find your dream study programme!