Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||December 01: For candidates also applying for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship ; May 01: For self-funded candidates|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Partnership:|| Erasmus Mundus Scholarship |
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Join a growing international community of practitioners, policy makers and researchers!
Investments in lifelong learning are increasing all over the world. The challenge for professionals is to develop lifelong learning systems suited to various social and organizational contexts.
* What new opportunities will this create for individuals and for societies?
* What are the new requirements for education, policy and practice?
The European Masters in Lifelong Learning: Policy and Management (MA LLL) is the first joint programme to address this transformation.
The programme is offered by the MALLL Consortium of three European universities and an Australian university:
* Department of Education, Faculty of Arts, Aarhus University, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Institute of Education, University of London, United Kingdom.
* Faculty of Psychology and Education, University of Deusto, Bilbao, Spain.
* Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne, Australia.
This Erasmus Mundus consortium have pooled their expertise to provide an individually oriented perspective for the teaching and learning process, with a global approach and strong focus on quality of research.
European Masters in Lifelong Learning: Policy and Management offers double or multiple degrees, depending on the mobility path, leading to:
* Master of Arts (MA) in Lifelong Learning: Policy and Management (Aarhus University)
* European Masters in Lifelong Learning: Policy and Management (University of London)
* Máster Universitario Europeo en Aprendizaje a lo largo de la vida: Politicas y Gestion (University of Deusto).
Recognition: The European Commission has approved the programme and provided it with the Erasmus Mundus label. The programme was selected by the European Commission as 1 of the 9 Erasmus Mundus Masters programmes for the Erasmus Mundus Handbook of Excellence 2010.
Duration: 2 years full-time
Language of instruction: English
The distinctive character of the programme lies in:
* the in-depth studies and academic experience of a two-year programme
* the richness of academic traditions of four education systems offered through the cooperation between three European universities and an Australian university
* the diversity of the students that come from all over the world
* the intercultural skills to prepare for being a global citizen
* the global alumni network and being part of a learning community around the world
This Masters programme trains professionals to design and develop educational and training strategies for Lifelong Learning.
You will learn to promote innovative LLL systems that are suited to the context in which they are undertaken. You will develop personal skills to mediate between the educational community and the needs of the local or national environment.
You will learn to advise organisations on the planning, implementation, evaluation, supervision, and to control training mechanisms.
The Course will develop your familiarity with the theories, methods and perspectives of transnational education, research, learning and LLL.
You will develop necesary competencies to identify diverse learning needs and the appropriate educational actions. You will also develop systemic competences related to management, quality, creativity and leadership.
With these competencies, you will be able to participate actively in the new developments and reforms taking place worldwide.
The Course comprises a series of modules, focusing on either policy or management and a compulsory dissertation.
The first year
In their first year students can choose between the Danish School of Education in Copenhagen and the Institute of Education in London. From the academic year 2011-2012, European students can choose to study one module of the second semester at Melbourne Graduate School in Australia.
The second year
In the second year, all students will go to the University of Deusto in Bilbao, Spain for the third semester. For the fourth semester students can choose between the three European universities to write their thesis according to their topics and supervisor availability.
The European Masters in Lifelong Learning: Policy and Management (MALLL) programme welcomes applications from students around the world. You can apply as a self-funded student or for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship. Please look at the navigation menu on the left to see more details.
For all categories, your application must include the following documents:
* Application form (online)
* Certified copies of academic transcripts (translated into English)
* EUROPASS CV
* English language proficiency test certificate
* An academic qualification essay based on research literature on any aspect of lifelong learning
* One passport-size photograph
* Two recommendation letters from former/current supervisors of which one must be academic referee.
Previous experience with English as medium of instruction is not sufficient documentation. An Academic IELTS test with an overall score of at least 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 for reading and of 6.0 for writing, or a TOEFL test with a score of 650 (280 in the computerised test; 100 in the internet-based test) is mandatory.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||650|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||280|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||100|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.