Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
|Application deadline:||June 20th|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014|
|Credits:|| 120 ECTS |
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Architecture and Urban Planning is a new professional programme focused on the digital design and crucial aspects of Architecture for Society of Knowledge [ASK]. In part, it is remotely delivered over the Internet and requires a limited, one-semester residency period during its core program.
It can be completed in 18 months and concludes with a Master of Architecture
degree in the field of Architecture and Urban Planning. Students can investigate contemporary design practices as well as media and digital technologies relevant to the emerging 21st century city. Full EU tuition scholarships are available for the initial group of competitively admitted international students.
ASK [Architecture for Society of Knowledge] is dedicated to those who wish to extend
their practical understanding of contemporary architecture and urban planning. The program addresses digital media in design, prototyping with computer controlled machines, distributed design collaboration, and agendas for sustainable, intelligent building.
At the same time, it reflects on architectural basics: cultural heritage, history and theory paradigms, social aspects of space creation, and education through interacting space.
The ASK Program aims to equip young practicing architects with the formative experience required in:
* active participation in the global architectural knowledge society, and critical interpretation of the creative aspects of design and design collaboration,
* collaborative and interdisciplinary practice of architecture
* architectural research exploring new design technology and theory.
* Architecture and Urban Planning,
* Architecture for Society of Knowledge,
* Computer Aided Design,
* Computer Aided Manufacturing,
* Computer Aided Engineering,
* Information Processes in Architecture,
* Algorithmic Architecture,
* Digital Tectonics,
* Architectural Heritage Preservation,
* Design Studio Teamwork,
* Virtual Design Studio,
* Rapid Prototyping,
* Knowledge Management,
* Critical Theory of Architecture,
* Participation in Planning,
* Generative Architecture,
* Virtual Reality,
* Space Composition Formalisation,
* Interactive Design,
* Building Information Management,
* Digital Fabrication.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
1. Application documents:
* M.Sc. candidates - B.Sc. diploma (or any other equivalent diploma)
2. Good knowledge of English (appropriate certification required)
3. High score in subjects of topical fields (only at some Faculties).
To apply the candidate must register online at:
After your account is activated, you must fill in the application form and upload the following documents:
* Legalized Documentation
* Application Fee - proof of payment (Please pay EUR200 application fee to cover the costs of administration procedures. The payment order must include the student´s full name. Application fee is non-refundable.)
* Copy of Passport
* English language certificate
Process of admission begins after ALL mentioned documents are submitted.
PROFICIENCY IN ENGLISH:
If you are from a country where English is an official or one of the official languages - it is not applicable.
University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate :
* First Certificate in English (FCE),
* Certificate in Advanced English (CAE),
* Certificate of Proficiency in English (C(BEC2),
* Business English Certificate 3 (BEC3),
* Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT).
International English Language Testing System IELTS: * more than 6 points - University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate, the British Council i Education Australia;
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) :
* minimum 500 points, minimum 3,5 points from essay TWE - issued by Educational Testing Service, Princeton, USA;
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) :
* from level First Class Pass at Intermediate Level - issued by Pitman Qualifications Institute;
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) :
* English for Business Level 2,
* English for Business Level 3,
* English for Business Level 4.
London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board (LCCI) :
* Foundation Certificate for Teachers of Business English (FTBE).
TELC (The European Language Certificates) WBT (Weiterbildungs- Testsysteme GmbH) :
* Certificate in English (B1),
* Certificate in English for Business Purposes (B1),
* Certificate in English for the Hotel and Catering Industry (B1),
* Certificate in English Stage 3 (B2),
* Certificate in English for Business Purposes (B2),
* Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2).
If you do not hold any of the listed certificates, please contact the International Students Office. Depending on your language skills or other presented certificates, the Faculty might consider your admission.
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||500|
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.