|Application deadline:||as early as possible|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||October 2014, October 2015|
|Duration full-time:||12 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
|Educational variant:||Part-time, Full-time|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
To provide you with a multi-disciplinary education and training in geographical information systems in the context of environmental science, enabling you to gain employment in public/private agencies/businesses that deal with the sustainable management of natural resources (including conservation, planning, and environmental management).
Duration and mode of study
One year full-time or two years part-time.
Teaching and assessment methods
All campus-based modules are assessed by a variety of coursework and/or examination. The dissertation is assessed separately and accounts for one third of the total credits required for the MSc
* Introduction to GIS
* Research Design and Methods in Geography
* Geographic Visualisation
* Theories, Concepts and Applications of Sustainable Development
* Programming for Spatial Scientists
* Spatial Information Science
* Earth Observation and Remote Sensing
* Environment, Space and Society
* Global Climate and Environmental Change
* Biodiversity Conservation and Global Change: Tropical East Africa
* Environmental Economics
* Sustainable Management of Biological Resources: Ecosystem and Biodiversity Conservation
Normally at least a second-class honours degree or equivalent in a cognate discipline from an approved institution or relevant professional or commercial experience.
| CAE score: (read more) |
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is part of the Cambridge English suite and is targeted at a high level (IETLS 6.5-8.0). It is an international English language exam set at the right level for academic and professional success. Developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment - part of the University of Cambridge - it helps you stand out from the crowd as a high achiever.
|75 (Grade B)|