Receive relevant New and Updated programmes: Personal Updates !
Department of Gender Studies
The department attracts students from a range of disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, and focuses on integrative and comparative approaches to gender studies. Programs aim to critically examine past and present developments related to gender in culture and society. The curriculum at the department emphasizes interdisciplinary scholarship, such as gender and post-socialist studies, nationalism, queer theory, cultural studies, transnationalism and international political movements.
Master of Arts in Gender Studies (One Year)
This program provides students with expertise in gender theory and scholarship, and encourages critical analyses of gender in relation to ethnicity, culture, nation, sexuality and class. Students are encouraged to pursue interdisciplinary coursework in related fields, such as sociology and social anthropology, and political science.
Graduates find employment as researchers, teachers and experts on gender affairs at universities, governmental organizations, NGOs, and the private sector, or continue their studies at CEU or other academic institutions.
Selected Areas of Research
Globalization and postcolonialism
Gender, nation and state
Feminist theories and epistemology
Gender and (post) statesocialist societies
Labor market gender inequalities
Bioethics, biopolitics and posthumanism
* Proof of English proficiency
* Curriculum vitae
* Bachelor's degree
* Two letters of recommendation
* A 500-word typewritten essay on the relevance of their academic/professional background to graduate study at CEU and to their future career goals
* Some knowledge of gender-sensitive scholarship
* Complete online application at:
|TOEFL paper-based test score:||570|
|TOEFL computer-based test score:||230|
|TOEFL internet-based test score:||88|
* Various types of funding packages are available for Masters degree students: CEU fellowships, tuition waivers, and external scholarships.
* Full or partial CEU fellowships include a full tuition waiver, housing in CEUs Residence Center, health insurance and a full or partial living stipend.
* Tuition waiver packages include full (100%) or partial (50-80%) tuition waiver and health insurance.
* CEU administers a number of external scholarship and financial aid programs, including US federal student loans, and other private and public funding options.
You are normally required to take an English Proficiency Test.
Most European Universities recognise the IELTS test.Take IELTS test
Using the form on this page, you can directly ask questions to the contactpersons at the university.
Fill out your contact information and message. The information you fill out in this form will be sent directly to the university. They will reply to you on the e-mail address you provide here.
mastersportal.eu cannot take any responsibility for the answering of contacts or for the content of their replies.