|Application deadline:||August 15|
|Tuition fee:|| |
|Start date:||September 2014|
|Duration full-time:||24 months|
|Delivery mode:||On Campus|
Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships and student reviews, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
These specialties are orientated to the fundamental, encyclopedic training of the professionals of the highest level of the widest range of computer science items. Using the many sided mathematical training, these professions give solid knowledge in the following subject fields:
* algorithms and data structures
* architectural methods of effective computer systems organization
* artificial intellect technique
* data and knowledge base
* digital and symbolic calculations
* methodology and technological principles of the development of the large programme systems
* information systems and modelling
Carriers of these professions compile the elite of the worldwide computer community.
Courses - Block A: Attestation examination, Computer Legislation, Data Mining, Intelligent Systems, Master's Dissertation and its Defence, Modern Database Technologies, Modern Software Engineering, Networks Modern Programming, Optimization Theory, Research Methodology, Theory of Computational Processes and Structures.
Courses - Block B: Analysis and Projecting of Network, Dynamic System Control, Encrypt Protection of Information, Intelligent Systems, Methods and Algorithms of Decision Making, Modern Networks, Modern Open Systems, Software Development Quality.
Courses - Block C: Higher School Pedagogy, Pedagogical Practice, Research Seminar, Total Quality Management.
Programme volume is 120 ECTS.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
* For the documents issued beyond the borders of the Republic of Latvia the verification is performed in the Centre of Academic Information of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia.
* It is desirable to have 5.5 IELTS (TOEFL 550) for study in English, but certificate is not obligatory.
The Institute welcomes the student's tuition fee payment by companies - future employers of the graduates.
The academic study programme "Master of Natural Sciences in Computer Science" is carried out at the Faculty of Computer Science and Electronics in compliance with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia, the licence of 28.11.2003 Nr. 04038-7, and in full accordance with the LR Education Classification (LR code: 45481) and International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED - 97: level - 5A). The programme is accredited by Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Latvia until 31.12.2014, "Master of Natural Sciences in Computer Science" (45481) - Accreditation Certificate of Education Programme Nr. 032-1469, 18.06.2008.