Become a StudyPortals member and get access to exclusive information, like scholarships, related to your favourite programme!
Are you already a StudyPortals Member?
Find all members only information here
Koç University 'Master of Art (MA) in Psychology Program' is a two-year graduate program with three concentration areas: the Developmental, Social/Organizational Psychology and Cognitive Psychology. The students receive rigorous training in both statistical methods and area of specialization. The program emphasizes students training in both research and its applications with scholars who are leaders in their areas of expertise.
For information on the application procedure (including questions on exam requirements and scholarships), please contact Tugçe Erim, firstname.lastname@example.org
Course DescriptionsResearch Methods I Review of descriptive statistics and basic research methodology. Experimental methods and research design including one-way analyses,factorial designs, repeated measures, analysis of covariance, and the analyses of main effects, simple effects and interaction comparisons.
Research Practicum Students are familiarized with problems that are frequently encountered during different phases of empirical research. Subsequently, students are guided through problem solving in an ongoing research project. Students gain experience in documentation, resolution, and the implementation of the solutions of problems in empirical research. Prerequisite: PSYC 501
Selected Topics in Psychology Detailed examination current topics in psychology.
Selected Topics in Psychology II Detailed examination current topics in psychology.
Testing and Measurement A review of basics of psychological measurement; all steps of the process of assessment development; different methods of psychological assessment such as observational, self-administered, and interview techniques; and, ways of integrating information from multiple assessment methods are discussed. Students work with applications and discuss greater cultural, ethical, and societal context of psychological measurement.
Philosophy of Science Introduces philosophy of science covering the essential works on central topics, such as the demarcation of science from non-science, the nature of scientific evidence, inference, and confirmation, theory change, and the growth of scientific knowledge. Requires reading and discussing works by Karl Popper, Pierre Duhem, Thomas Kuhn, and Imre Lakatos. Focuses on philosophy of social sciences and the relationships between philosophy of science and social science. Emphasis is on the philosophy of the theoretical and methodological practices of these disciplines.
Readings and Research in Autobiographical Memory The history of autobiographical memory theoretical approaches, examination of literature, and participation in laboratory research.
Advanced Research Seminar
Statement of Purpose
* Required for all applicants. It should not exceed 2,000 words focusing on the following questions:
* Why do you apply to Koç University?
* Why do you apply to the particular program?
* What are your career objectives?
* For applicants of PhD programs what are your research interests and who do you want to work with?
* You must have a 2,5 GPA for application for MA Applications.
* We strongly encourage applicants to submit a scanned image of the transcript at the time of application, which can speed processing; however, a final, official transcript will be required of all admitted students during registration. Applicants who have attended international institutions must submit transcripts or certified attestations of study, with certified English translations. Once translated, the original transcript and the certified translations are to be sent to the Graduate School admission office.
Letters of Recommendation
The Graduate School requires two letters of recommendation for MA applications and three for PhD applications. These should be by persons well qualified to speak from first-hand knowledge about the applicant's potential for graduate study. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online*.
* recommendation letters from faculty members is not necessary for candidates applying to graduate programs inPsychology if they are the graduates of Koc University Psychology undergraduate program.
Applicants to MA and PhD programs must have their results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE-for foreign applicants) or ALES (Akademik Lisansüstü Egitim Sinavi-for native applicants) General Test sent to the Graduate School. You need to also upload available scores during online application. You will be able to leave these spaces empty if your scores are not available at the time of application. We do accept applications without ALES and/or TOEFL scores. You must submit these scores as soon as they are announced.
All native applicants and international applicants whose native language is not English must ensure that the Graduate School receives their official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
|TOEFL paper-based test score :||550|
|TOEFL iBT® test:||80|
Sign in to find all related scholarships and all information about funding here.
Not a member yet? Create an account and join +150 000 StudyPortals members.